ESPN Renews Rights to the English Premier League in Brazil. New Agreement Covers 2013 to 2016.

Uncategorized

ESPN Renews Rights to the English Premier League in Brazil. New Agreement Covers 2013 to 2016.

To tweet this release: http://bitly.com/TWr0dl

ESPN Brazil, a Rights holder since 2003, will provide Multiplatform Coverage of the English Championship


ESPN Brazil has renewed rights to one of the world’s best-known and most contested football championships, the English Premier League. Under the agreement, ESPN will produce content for its four television networks (ESPN, ESPN Brasil, ESPN+ and ESPN Brasil HD), and digital platforms WatchESPN and ESPN.com.br .

“ESPN Brazil is pleased with our renewal of rights to England’s renowned first division football property, home to some of the world’s best club competition. This new agreement allows us to continue our tradition, begun in 2003, of covering the event on location and with expert on-air journalists.  ESPN is committed to bringing Brazilian football fans one of the best and most contested championships in the world,” said Germán Hartenstein, general manager, ESPN Brazil.

With an extensive package of international football rights, ESPN Brazil is known for the quality of its sports journalism and on-site coverage of major proprieties and for its news and information programming focused on the sport, including original studio shows such as “Show da Rodada do Campeonato Inglês” (The English Championship Matches Show), “Futebol no Mundo” (World of Football), “Fora de Jogo” (Beyond the Game), and original documentaries from ESPN Films.

ESPN in Brazil currently airs live broadcasts of the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, English Championship, Spanish La Liga, German Championship, French Championship, Dutch Championship, Russian Championship, Portuguese Championship, Copa do Brasil, Copa do Brasil Under 20/17, Major League Soccer,   Japanese Championship and England’s 2nd Division. In the first half of 2012, ESPN aired more than 400 soccer games in Brazil.

About ESPN Brasil

2012 marks 23 years of the ESPN brand in Brazil. ESPN came to Brazil in 1989 and was Brazil’s first sports channel for pay TV.  In 1995, the company launched its second television network ESPN Brasil. In April 2009, it launched ESPN HD, its third television network and the country’s first high definition pay TV sports network. Today, in addition to its television networks, ESPN has expanded its presence to include internet (ESPN.com.br and WatchESPN), Radio Estadão ESPN (with Grupo Estado – 700 AM and 92.9 FM), mobile (ESPN Mobile TV and WatchESPN), events (X Games, ESPN Outdoors, ESPN Corpore) and print (ESPN The Magazine). ESPN Brazil is part of ESPN International, created in 1988 as a division of ESPN Inc. for markets outside of the United States. ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc., a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. The remaining 20% is owned by The Hearst Corporation.

About WatchESPN

In May 2012, ESPN relaunched it video and online streaming services as WatchESPN.  In addition to airing events exclusive to the platform, WatchESPN also provides fans with access ESPN’s television networks (ESPN, ESPN Brasil, ESPN Brasil HD and ESPN+).  With WatchESPN, sports fans have access to ESPN on computer, tablet and smartphone, and broadcasts of exclusive championships and on-demand video programs via ESPN Play.  Go to http://espn.com.br/watchespn, select your provider and access WatchESPN.
Press contact: Ardi Dwornik, [email protected], 646-547-5612

Botão Voltar ao topo
Fechar