To tweet this release: http://es.pn/TwkhGC
A VIP experience of a live network telecast featuring the Biggest Football Event of the Year on Two Cruise Ships Sharing time with NFL Stars and Champions
Is tailgating or sharing a great sports story with an all pro football superstar on your bucket list? What if you could do it on an incredible cruise ship? Then this is the cruise for you.
Football fans don’t miss your chance to be part of a VIP “Sail-gate party” with some of the greatest stars of the game during the live telecast of the biggest football event of the year on cruises departing February 2, 2013.
ESPN International’s ESPNatSea will feature current and former athletes, including wide receivers Mark Clayton and Mark Duper of the Miami Dolphins, Mike Alstott of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, former Pittsburgh Steelers Mike Logan and Jermaine Phillips, and Wendell Tyler, former LA Rams and San Francisco 49ers running back.
ESPNatSea provides an amazing opportunity to attend private VIP cocktail receptions and be a part of exclusive screenings and intimate, small-group chats about the world of professional football.
Other highlights include themed-viewing parties, a variety of live ESPN televised sports events and behind-the-scenes participation in the production of popular ESPN International programs. Football fans won’t want to miss out on this once in a lifetime experience to watch the “big game” with legends of the game.
The roster of outstanding players on each cruise features an impressive lineup of football heroes interacting with the ESPNatSEA VIP group. Included are:
- Wendell Tyler, the first player ever to lead two different teams in rushing in two Super Bowls
- The “Marks Brothers” – Mark (Super) Duper and Mark Clayton of the Miami Dolphins, with 8 Pro Bowl selections between them, together again
- Jermaine Phillips, who earned his Super Bowl ring while playing with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- John Taylor – 2 Time Pro-Bowler and 3 time Super Bowl champion of the San Francisco 49ers
- Mike Logan – Pittsburgh Steelers, Super Bowl XL
- Verron Haynes – Pittsburgh Steelers, Super Bowl XL
“Football fans will have a rare chance to mingle with football greats in an exciting line up of shipboard events and activities,” said Bernard Stewart, vice president, ESPN Caribbean and Maritime Media. “ESPNatSea lets fans and cruisers enjoy the big game at sea and gives them the opportunity to visit exciting ports in the Caribbean, all for a fun and unique sports and cruising experience.
A choice of a 5- or 7-night sports-themed cruise is available through ESPNatSEA including:
- Royal Caribbean’s Jewel of the Seas: Calling all women soccer fans and football lovers. The biggest day in football is not the only sporting highlight on this 5-night VIP cruise. There will also be a special focus on the international success and rising popularity of women’s soccer. This cruise sails February 2-7 2013, roundtrip from Tampa, stopping in Key West, Fla. and Cozumel, Mexico.
- Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas: 7-night cruise round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale to some of the hottest Caribbean destinations such as the private island of Labadee, Haiti; Falmouth, Jamaica; and Cozumel, Mexico. The biggest football day of the year will be televised live at sea, so be prepared. Dates: February 2 to 9, 2013.
The following athletes will sail on the Jewel of the Seas: Mike Logan, Jermaine Phillips, Wendell Tyler and Mike (A-Train) Alstott.
On board the Oasis of the Seas will be Mark Duper, Mark Clayton, John Taylor and Vernon Haynes, with additional players scheduled to appear.
For more information about ESPNatSEA, and to see the schedule of shipboard activities exclusively for the ESPNatSEA group, please visit espnatsea.com. Check out @ESPNatSEA to find all the upcoming live network television sport themed cruises and itineraries. #ESPNatSEA RT http://ow.ly/edNed
Media contact: Ardi Dwornik, 646-915-2842, [email protected]