- Usain Bolt running for triple-triple win
- More than 50 Caribbean athletes remaining
- Men’s football gold medal match: Brazil vs. Germany
- Closing Ceremony Sunday, August 21 at 6:30 p.m. ET
ESPN Caribbean prepares to wrap up the Rio 2016 Summer Olympic coverage with some of the most anticipated events featuring top teams and athletes, followed by the Closing Ceremony LIVE on TV, simulcast on ESPN Play.
Jamaica’s star, Usain Bolt, once again breezed through the men’s 200m. Tonight he will try to propel his country to a 4×100-meter relay gold medal and pull off the triple-triple – scoring gold in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relays in three successive Olympics. In addition, nine relay teams from Bahamas (Men’s 4x400m, Women’s 4x400m), Jamaica (Men’s 4x400m, Women’s 4x400m, Men’s 4x100m, Women’s 4x100m) and Trinidad and Tobago (Men’s 4x400m, Men’s 4x100m, Women’s 4x100m) will compete in a full slate of relay events.
In men’s football, Brazil and Germany meet again in a final match two years after Germany beat Brazil in the semifinal of the World Cup before being crowned Champions. The rematch features Brazil’s star striker, Neymar, who scored the fastest Olympic goal in 15 seconds in the semifinal against Honduras. The Olympic final will take place in Rio’s iconic Maracanã Stadium on Saturday, August 20 at 4:20 p.m. ET.
The Summer Games will come to an end on Sunday, August 21 with the Closing Ceremony and a performance by Norwegian electronic DJ, Kygo. The parade of athletes includes some of the most respected and awarded athletes of the Games. The coverage will begin live at 6:30 p.m. ET on ESPN Caribbean. Alexis Nunes, Dwight Stones, Felix Sanchez and Isa Guha to host coverage with Jo Ankier providing live reports from the stadium.
Programming Highlights (Eastern Times):
Schedule is subject to change
Friday, August 19
- Football (W): 4:20 p.m.– Women’s Gold Medal Match: Sweden vs. Germany
- Athletics: 7:00 p.m. including Women’s 4x100m and Men’s 4x100m Relay Finals
Saturday, August 20
- Triathlon (W): 9:50 a.m.
- Football (M): 4:20 p.m.– Men’s Gold Medal Match: Brazil vs. Germany
- Athletics: 7:00 p.m. – including Women’s 4x400m and Men’s 4x400m Relay Finals
Sunday, August 21
- Athletics (M): 8:20 a.m.– Men’s Marathon
- Cycling (M): 11:30 a.m. – Men’s Mountain Bike Final
- Basketball (M): 2:30 p.m.– Men’s Gold Medal Game
Extensive news and information on ESPNCaribbean.com.