To share: wp.me/p6oZxP-nT
Coverage of Second Annual Meet Airs
Saturday April 21 at 6 p.m. ET
ESPN Caribbean will provide live and exclusive coverage of the Grenada Invitational, the Southern Caribbean’s premier track and field meet, on ESPN Caribbean and ESPN Play, this Saturday, April 21 at 6 p.m. ET. The meet takes place at the Kirani James Athletic Stadium in St. George’s and will feature over 36 elite athletes, including Tori Bowie, Rio 2016 triple medalist and Justin Gatlin, current reigning 100m World Champion and Rio 2016 silver medalist.
Sanctioned by the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF), the Grenada Invitational is one of the first meets of the annual outdoor track and field season.
ESPN recently announced the acquisition of rights to the next three years of the Grenada Invitational. The deal includes exclusive transmission of the one-day annual meet through 2020 in the Caribbean and the United States, and on ESPN digital platforms.
- Bralon Tarplin (represented Grenada at Rio 2016), competed for Grenada after having previously competed for the United States
- Luguelín Miguel Santos Aquino (London 2012 silver medalist Men’s 400m), a world champion sprinter who won the Dominican Republic its third ever medal
Trinidad & Tobago
- Jehue Gordon (represented Trinidad & Tobago at Rio 2016), came in 6th in the Men’s 400m hurdles at London 2012
- Justin Gatlin (Rio 2016 silver medalist Men’s 100m), took the title of 100m World Champion from Usain Bolt in 2017
- Tori Bowie (Rio 2016 triple medalist), Gold medal in the 4x100m relay, Silver medal in the 100m dash, and Bronze in the 200m dash
- LaShawn Merrit (Beijing 2008 gold medalist Men’s 400m), who won his 2008 Olympic medal in a personal best time by a record margin of .99 secs
Join the conversation #GI2018.