ESPN Player is ESPN’s leading multi-device, Over-The-Top (OTT) subscription service available in the UK and across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, streaming exclusive premium sports content live and on-demand to more than 40 countries. From US College sports to action sports and poker ESPN Player gives fans the chance follow the action anytime, anywhere on PC or Mac computers, on iPad and on Samsung and LG Smart televisions.*
ESPN Player offers fans more than 2000 live and on-demand events, including NCAA (National College Athletic Association) basketball (including the annual tournament – March Madness®) and American football (including the College Football Bowl season and the College Football Playoff), X Games Aspen (winter) and X Games Austin (summer), and the World Series of Poker. A range of subscription passes are available through ESPN Player including season, monthly recurring, week and day passes, giving fans choice over the content and length of subscription that they prefer.
Growing in popularity, fans logged nearly 14 million minutes of viewing on ESPN Player across the EMEA region from September through November 2013, a 7% increase on the same period a year ago. Subscriptions to ESPN Player’s most popular package, NCAA College Pass, have increased 16% over last season, while total minutes of viewing for College Pass content have increased 44% in the same period.
• The NCAA College Pass showcases over 2000 of the best college sporting events from the U.S. featuring the best teams from the biggest conferences live and on-demand, including NCAA football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, hockey, lacrosse, ice hockey, baseball, softball, soccer, volleyball, track and field and more. With extensive coverage of NCAA Football including the College Football Playoff and exclusive coverage of NCAA Basketball Tournament – March Madness®. The College Pass enables fans to watch college sports across the EMEA region.
• NCAA is the most popular category on ESPN Player, accounting for 88% of the site’s total video consumption.
• Subscriptions to ESPN College Pass cost £8.99/€9.99 daily, £17.99/€19.99 monthly and £99.99/€109.99 annually.
• ESPN Player offers complete coverage of the X Games in Aspen and Austin. For more than 20 years athletes from all over the world have competed in the X Games, which is also a cultural and festival event.
• Daily passes cost £3.99//€3.99, while weekly subscriptions cost £4.99/€4.99