– Free ESPN Player app available to download on Apple iPads now
– Full ESPN Player experience available across new screens in EMEA region
For images of the ESPN Player iPad App, click the image below, or here
ESPN Player, the sports media company’s broadband service across the EMEA region, is extending beyond desktop computers for the first time, launching as an app on Apple iPads.
The sports streaming service, available online since 2007, is available today as a free application on the Apple iPad, downloadable via the iTunes store here.
The new app offers fans the same depth and quality of coverage that the ESPN Player service on desktop computers already provides, in a dynamic new interface that maximise the strengths of the iPad.
Other features include:
- Integrated social media sharing functionality: users can share links to videos or comments around games they are watching using Facebook or Twitter
- Ease of viewing: Users can watch in full screen mode at the maximum size each device allows
- Intuitive design: fans can access a full schedule of current live and on-demand games
- The new apps will allow ESPN to deliver targeted marketing to tailor messages and campaigns to subscribers
Available online at www.ESPNPlayer.com in the UK, most of Europe, Middle East and Africa, ESPN Player is a live and on-demand service providing fans with exclusive premium sports content. The service offers fans a range of sports, including basketball and American Football from the National College Athletic Association, X Games and American Le Mans Series, among other sports.
The new ESPN Player app joins ESPN’s range of multi-screen sporting content in the UK (would amend this sentence by territory), including the ESPNFC, ESPNF1, ESPN Goals and ESPNcricinfo mobile apps. Additionally, ESPNcricinfo has recently launched a new free multi-device, multi-screen app which provides fans with a new design and user experience optimised for Windows 8, and, an Apple iPad app.
Arne Rees, vice president, digital media, ESPN International, said: “We’re focused on extending fans’ access to the sports they love on the multiple devices that they increasingly use. Extending ESPN Player beyond desktop computers on to iPads helps us achieve that aim. ESPN has a long heritage of making the most of new technologies for fans.”
After downloading the new app to their iPad, existing ESPN Player subscribers can access the services for free by using their current username and password. New ESPN Player subscribers will need to sign up for the service via their computer, and then use their login across the other devices.
For more information on ESPN Player and the full schedule of sports and more, go to www.espnplayer.com.