• World’s leading digital cricket brand delivers multimedia coverage of India home Test series
• Daily video programme featuring experts including Ian Chappell, Ashley Giles, Mark Butcher, Rahul Dravid and Ajit Agarkar
• Comprehensive editorial coverage from ESPNcricinfo’s leading cricket writers
• Enhanced scorecard featuring ball-by-ball data analysis in Match Centre
• Modern Masters video series continues – analysing 14 top batsman including Kallis, Smith, Pietersen
• Investec announced as Test series sponsor, with permanent presence across all ESPNcricinfo platforms
As anticipation builds ahead of the tour, ESPNcricinfo has announced comprehensive video, news, information and analysis from an unmatched panel of global cricket experts and journalists.
ESPNcricinfo’s coverage of the tour will feature multiple original video shows, including daily editions (on each match day) of the signature analysis show Match Point. Match Point will broadcast four times per day, offering insight pre-match, at lunch, during the tea interval and after the day’s play. ESPNcricinfo’s team of world experts will feature in the videos.
• Ian Chappell and Ajit Agarkar will feature in the first two Tests from Trent Bridge (9th – 13th July) and Lord’s (17th – 21st July)
• Ashley Giles will join Chappell for the Rose Bowl Test (27th – 31st July)
• Rahul Dravid joins Giles for the final two tests, from Old Trafford (7th – 11th August) and The Oval (25th 29th August)
• Mark Butcher will utilise Skype to feature throughout the series
Polite Enquiries also returns, with ESPNcricinfo’s own Jarrod Kimber and George Dobell fielding questions via Twitter, offering their take on each day’s play; Rahul Dravid will feature during the first three tests. Cricket comedian Andy Zaltzman will provide a comic take on each Test via Zaltzone where he will dissect the series with sharp wit and irreverent comedy, while the twice-weekly On the Road video diary will bring viewers inside the world of the intrepid cricket reporter.
ESPNcricinfo’s exclusive digital video series Modern Masters continues with analysis of the 14 greatest batsmen of the modern age. Each Monday and Thursday until December 29th, former Indian cricketers Rahul Dravid and Sanjay Manjrekar examine each batsman, uncovering what made them so unique. Each episode will be dedicated to one of four elements – technique, temperament, adaptability, and impact – Modern Masters is a thorough and credible assessment featuring the insights of one of the modern era’s batting legends. The latest episode features South Africa’s Jacques Kalllis, with upcoming episodes examine Graeme Smith and Kevin Pietersen.
ESPNcricinfo will also offer wide-ranging editorial coverage of the Test series, with analysis, discussion and insight into every game of the tour. Columnists include Mark Nicholas, David Hopps, George Dobell and Sidharth Monga. Live ball-by-ball data analysis will also be provided through Match Centre, delivering an enhanced scorecard for fans to follow the action. Match Centre will offer in-game statistical analysis, allowing users to see innings-related batsman, bowler and player v player-related data and graphs – giving fans a deeper understanding of the play.
Following a successful 2013 agreement, Investec have again collaborated with ESPNcricinfo to become the principle series sponsor of the brand’s digital coverage of the England v India Test series. The multiplatform deal includes sponsorship of all live scorecards, dynamic rich media and tablet ownership. Investec will also have integrated naming rights across the site and throughout the series articles, as well as social support of Investec handles and hashtags. ESPN and Investec will also work together to produce regular infographics, which will be shared through both parties social platforms.