ESPNcricinfo launches brand-new mobile site with a range of features to delight cricket lovers!
September 22, 2009: ESPNcricinfo, Australia’s leading cricket website, today announced the launch of the new version of its mobile website that includes a whole range of features to delight cricket lovers. The new ESPNCricinfo mobile site provides the most comprehensive coverage of international cricket in the mobile space. With an advanced look, tons of newly added features and improved navigation, the site delivers an unmatched user experience.
Talking about the new mobile site, Anil Nair, Director Mobile, ESPN EMEA said, “Our aim has been to create a seamless user experience between the website and the mobile version, so that it feels familiar and friendly. We have a host of new features on our new site including personalized country pages that allow fans direct access to the teams they support; an enhanced live game experience and a unique player search module.
One of the key components of the new mobile site is the integrated live game experience that lets users follow ESPNcricinfo’s trademark ball-by-ball commentary, check the complete scorecard and read match bulletins all on the same page. The commentary can be filtered by events like Wickets, Fours and Sixes that lets users revisit key moments in the match. With the auto-refresh feature, the Live Scorecard presents the most convenient way to follow the game on the go.
The site can be accessed from the mobile at: m.cricinfo.com
Other highlights of ESPNcricinfo’s new mobile website include,
1. Records: The mobile site now offers comprehensive listing of records across Tests, ODIs and T20s. With over 20 record classifications available for each format of the game, users can quickly refer to record holders while on the move. In addition, the records are classified by country in the respective team pages.
2. Opinions: Users can now read the latest Opinion features by ESPNcricinfo’s experts. Articles can be listed by date or users can access archives of their favourite authors.
3. Player search: Using the handy player search, users can access detailed profiles of every international player that has ever played the game. The profile page offers player stats and lists the latest articles and photos related to that player.
4. Results search: This unique feature lets users search for scorecard of every international match ever played. Users can search for matches by teams involved, match format and era. This feature will be added to the mobile site soon.
5. Rankings: Users can access official ICC rankings for both countries and players on the new mobile site. Country rankings are classified by ODI and Test rankings while player rakings are listed as batsman, bowler and all-rounder rankings.
ESPNcricinfo is a wholly owned subsidiary of ESPN Inc. – the world’s leading multimedia sports entertainment company. Ranked number one in all of its major markets, ESPNcricinfo now reaches more than 13.7 million users every month. The site was founded in 1993, and its continuing success is built on the combination of live ball-by-ball coverage of all Test and one-day international matches, news and features written by some of the world’s best cricket writers, and in-depth statistics on every one of the approximately 3000 international and 45,000 first-class cricketers to have played the game. The site’s reach, authority and brand recognition are unrivalled in the online cricket world. And ESPNcricinfo now reaches beyond the Internet – fans can get ESPNcricinfo content on mobile applications and on some of the world’s leading internet portals.