ESPNEWS and SportsCenter will provide weeklong coverage leading up to the much-anticipated welterweight title bout between Manny Pacquaio – the junior welterweight champ and the #1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world according to The Ring Magazine (49-3-2) – and WBO welterweight champ Miquel Cotto (34-1). Dan Rafael and Brian Kenny will share reporting duties with Jaime Motto appearing on ESPN Deportes’ SportsCenter. The coverage will culminate with extensive post-fight reporting late Saturday, Nov. 14.
- Coverage will commence tomorrow, Tuesday, Nov. 10, when both fighters arrive in Las Vegas.
- On Wednesday, ESPNEWS and ESPN Deportes will air live both fighter’s press conference at approximately 3 p.m. ET. Also, legendary boxing journalist/historian Bert Sugar will be interviewed on ESPNEWS at 6 p.m.
- On Thursday afternoon, each fighter will conduct a satellite interview tour with segments live on ESPNEWS and ESPN Deportes.
- The weigh-in will air live Friday at 6:10 p.m. on SportsCenter, as well as the other two networks.
- Kenny and Rafael will report throughout Saturday, Nov. 14, the day of the fight, onSportsCenter and ESPNEWS, with Motto on ESPN Deportes’SportsCenter. Rafael will score the bout round by round on ESPNEWS, followed by 30-45 minutes of post-fight interviews, analysis, highlights and press conferences.
The 30-year-old southpaw Pacquiao, is tied with Oscar De La Hoya with titles at six different weight classes. He has won his last 10 fights as he continues to move up in weight class. He now challenges Cotto, 29, who began his career 32-0 before losing a controversial TKO to Antonio Magarito in July 2008.