Honolulu, Houston and Massillon, Ohio Included for First Time
Free Online Registration Open for Top Prospects
ESPN RISE, in conjunction with Nike, has released its tour schedule for the 2010 Nike Football Combine, the nation’s premier high school athletic testing event. This year’s tour will include 17 premier events across the continental U.S. and in Hawaii. ESPN RISE will host Nike Football Combines in Honolulu, Houston and Massillon, Ohio for the first time in the event’s history.
Nike Football Combines are free and open to Class of 2011 high school football players, as well as to top underclassmen looking to showcase their football skills. Alumni of the combines include Andre Johnson, Haloti Ngata, Larry Fitzgerald and hundreds more. Free online registration is available at ESPNRISE.com.
“We are excited to introduce our Nike Football Combines to high school football players in three new markets this year,” said Andy Bark, vice president, Events, ESPN RISE. “Providing high school football players with free, expert and unbiased athletic measurement and an opportunity to showcase their abilities is an invaluable experience for players that aspire to play on the next level.”
The 2010 Combine
Registered athletes participating in the 2010 Nike Football Combine will:
- Receive free access and testing at either turf/indoor or grass/outdoor events – varying dates apply
- Evaluation processed by registration number
- Be measured by height and weight, and photographed
- Receive a proper, supervised dynamic warm-up
- Be tested in: the 40-yard dash (twice, fastest time kept), vertical jump (highest jump kept), the 20-yard shuttle (twice, fastest time kept) and the power ball throw (twice, farthest throw kept)
- Receive a SPARQ Rating – based on a calculation of their testing scores
- Attend an interactive Nike SPARQ seminar which will cover off-season training, the recruiting process and a short series of SPARQ drills
- In select markets, participate in a free instructional Nike SPARQ Mini-Camps to work with SPARQ Trainers to improve upon their times and stats from the Nike Combine
- Receive exposure across ESPN platforms and with college football programs across the country
- Eligible for selection consideration for the Nike Football Training Camps, the top national football camp tour (selection is based on over all performance – participation is free)
- Receive a free Nike Pro workout shirt (but must bring appropriate workout gear: shorts, sweats, football cleats and training shoes)
2010 NIKE FOOTBALL COMBINE SCHEDULE:
|Sat., Jan 30||Honolulu||Aloha Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sat., Feb 6||Miami||Traz Powell Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sat., Feb 13||Mobile, Ala.||Lipscomb Park Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sun, Feb 14||Houston||Woodforest Stadium||Turf/indoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sat., Feb 20||Pittsburgh||UPMC Sports Performance Complex||Turf/indoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sat., Feb 27||Orlando, Fla.||ESPN Wide World of Sports||Grass/outdoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sat., Mar 6||Massillon, Ohio||Paul L. David Athletic Training Center||Turf/indoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sat., Mar 13||Charlotte, N.C.||Mallard Creek High School||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sun., Mar 14||Atlanta||Hallford Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sun., Mar 21||Chicago||MAX McCook Expo Center||Turf/indoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sat., Mar 27||Miami||Traz Powell Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sat., Apr 3||Baltimore||Old Mill High School||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sat., Apr 10||Dallas/Ft. Worth||Pennington Field||Astroturf/outdoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sat., Apr 24||Los Angeles||Long Beach Veteran’s Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sat., May 15||Oakland, Calif.||Laney College||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Sat., Jun 5||Portland, Ore.||Tigard High School||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
|Wed., Jun 16||Salt Lake City||ALA Academy||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m. -2 p.m.|
Reporting time available for athletes post online pre-register
Produced by ESPN RISE, Nike Football Combines were originally launched by Student Sports nearly 20 years ago. Student Sports was acquired by ESPN in July 2008 and is now known as ESPN RISE.
About ESPN RISE
ESPN RISE represents ESPN’s commitment to engage and elevate high school athletes by providing them with recognition, resources, information and inspiration that can motivate them to improve their skills and achieve their goals to be the best athletes they can. ESPN RISE assets include ESPN RISE, GIRL, Hardwood and Gridiron magazines; ESPNRISE.com, Hoopgurlz.com and DyeStat.com; and more than 160 high school events including Elite 11, Elite 24, ESPN RISE Games, ESPN RISE National High School Invitational, Faster to First, Area Code Baseball and Nike Combines/Nike SPARQ Mini Camps. ESPN RISE is uniquely positioned to provide high school athletes and the company’s core fans with compelling high school sports content across all ESPN platforms.
SPARQ stands for Speed, Power, Agility, Reaction and Quickness, the essential tools for superior athletic performance. SPARQ Training is the dynamic training method used at the NIKE Football Training Camps. The SPARQ Rating is a number that identifies overall athletic ability and is used by top coaches and trainers around the nation as an initial indicator of an athletes’ potential on the field.