To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/8Yn0v0
ESPN has selected six of its 2010 Big Ten Conference college football games for Saturday telecasts on ABC, ESPN or ESPN2, highlighted by three matchups between teams ranked in the College Football Live Top 25. Additional games will be announced in the coming months.
- Defending Big Ten Conference champion No. 2 Ohio State — coming off an 11-2 season, including a 26-17 victory over Oregon in the Rose Bowl Game Presented by Citi — will host No. 13 Miami of the ACC on Saturday, Sept. 11, at 3:40 p.m. ET on ESPN. It will mark the first meeting between the perennial powers since the Buckeyes defeated the Hurricanes 31-24 in the 2003 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl to win the 2002 BCS National Championship.
- No. 8 Iowa will host No. 19 Penn State in a showdown Saturday, Oct. 2, at 8 p.m. on ABC, ESPN or ESPN2 between two teams that each finished with an 11-2 record last season. Both concluded the season with a bowl victory: Iowa with a 24-14 win over Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl and Penn State with a 19-17 victory over LSU in the Capital One Bowl. Iowa has won seven of its last eight games against Penn State.
- No. 11 Wisconsin, which capped its 10-3 season with a 20-14 victory over Miami in the Champs Sports Bowl, will host No. 2 Ohio State on Saturday, Oct. 16, at 7 p.m. on ESPN or ESPN2. Ohio State has won its last three games against Wisconsin, including 31-13 last year.
- Notre Dame will visit Michigan State on Saturday, Sept. 18, at 8 p.m. on ABC. It will mark the first road game of the 2010 season for Notre Dame and new head coach Brian Kelly. Notre Dame defeated Michigan State 33-30 last season, the first victory over the Spartans in Notre Dame Stadium since 1993.
- The schedule for Saturday, Oct. 30, will include two Big Ten games at 8 p.m., each featuring a ranked team: No. 2 Ohio State at Minnesota and Michigan at No. 19 Penn State. The games will be televised simultaneously on either ABC, ESPN or ESPN2.
|Sat, Sep 11||3:40 p.m.||No. 13 Miami at No. 2 Ohio State||ESPN|
|Sat, Sep 18||8 p.m.||Notre Dame at Michigan State||ABC|
|Sat, Oct 2||8 p.m.||No. 19 Penn State at No. 8 Iowa||ABC, ESPN or ESPN2|
|Sat, Oct 16||7 p.m.||No. 2 Ohio State at No. 11 Wisconsin||ESPN or ESPN2|
|Sat, Oct 30||8 p.m.||No. 2 Ohio State at Minnesota||ABC, ESPN or ESPN2|
|8 p.m.||Michigan at No. 19 Penn State||ABC, ESPN or ESPN2|
– 30 –