ESPN The Magazine’s Ultimate Travel Guide For Every Sports Fan
Whether it’s an event, museum or stadium, you’ve most likely been to some prominent sports places; But ESPN The Magazine’s Travel Issue has 33 places in the U.S. that every sports fan must add to their itinerary. If you’re looking to visit some sports sites—from weird to monumental—pack your bags and be sure to take this ultimate travel guide with you.
- Pre’s Rock—Skyline Boulevard, Eugene, Ore.
- Santa Anita Park—Arcadia, Calif.
- Calaveras County Fair Grounds—Angels Camp, Calif.
- Pinball Hall of Fame—Las Vegas
- Salt Lake Games Bobsled Track at Utah Olympic Park—Park City, Utah
- Mountain View Cemetery—Butte, Mont.
- Jackson’s Mixed Martial Arts—Albuquerque, N.M.
- ProRodeo Hall of Fame & Museum of the American Cowboy—Colorado Springs, Colo.
- International Bowling Museum and HOF—Arlington, Texas
- Babe Didrikson Zaharias Museum—Beumont, Texas
- Mat Hoffman Action Sports Park—Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Prairie Rose State Games—Bismarck and Mandan, N.D.
- Bemidji Curling Club—Bemidji, Minn.
- Field of Dreams—Dyersville, Iowa
- Negro Leagues Baseball Museum—Kansas City, MO.
- Cache River Natl. Wildlife Refuge—Augusta, Ark.
- Louisiana State Tournament and Anglers’ Rodeo—State of Louisiana
- The Walter Payton Museum—Aurora, Ill.
- IU Natatorium—Indianapolis (on IUPUI campus)
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum—Indianapolis
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory—Louisville, K.Y.
- Paul W. Bryant Museum—Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame—Canton, Ohio
- American Water Ski Educ. Foundation Museum & HOF—Polk City, Fla.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum—Greenville, S.C.
- Arlington National Cemetary—Arlington, Va.
- Yogi Berra Museum—Little Falls, N.J.
- Jim Thorpe, Pa.
- National Baseball HOF—Cooperstown, N.Y.
- Gate of Heaven Cemetery—Hawthorne, N.Y.
- Herb Brooks Arena—Lake Placid, N.Y.
- Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame—Springfield Mass.
- Funspot—Laconia, N.H.
For the full descriptions and to read about your favorite athletes’ travel stories pick up the new issue of ESPN The Magazine, on newsstands now.