To tweet this release: http://es.pn/eIbr23
December 2, 2010
ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU Earn Top Marks in 2010 BETA Subscriber Study
In Beta Research Corp.’s annual survey of cable subscribers, ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU achieved high marks from respondents. ESPN and ESPNU ranked first and second as the top two networks for perceived value among all viewers. ESPN has ranked first or second in four of the last five studies for perceived value.
“Fans have said year in and year out that ESPN and its’ family of networks provide great value for the amount of exciting content and programming offered to them,” said David Preschlack, executive vice president, Disney and ESPN Networks Affiliate Sales and Marketing. “We will continue to find innovative ways to provide fans more exciting content across all of our multiple platforms.”
Cable Subscribers Rate ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU High:
- ESPN and ESPNU ranked as the top two networks for perceived value among all viewers.
- Both networks also ranked in the top five networks for perceived value among men 18-34.
- 22% of all respondents ranked ESPN first as their top favorite network. ESPN has ranked in the top three in each of the last five years.
- ESPN also ranked first among men 18+, heavy internet users, Comcast subscribers, Verizon FiOS subscribers and AT&T U-Verse subscribers.
- ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU tied for first with Discovery Channel and History Channel in viewer satisfaction among men 18+.
- 78% of viewers said that ESPN is important to their enjoyment of cable. 73% said that ESPN2 is important to their enjoyment of cable.
The online survey was conducted in August and September 2010 among cable television subscribers ages 18+. The purpose of the study was to determine viewer satisfaction, perceived value and importance.