September 6, 2011
Weekly Studio Shows
- Daily at 3:30 p.m. (ESPN) and reairs at 4 p.m. (ESPNU) – College Football Live
- Saturday at 9-10 a.m. (ESPNU) & 10 a.m.-noon (ESPN) – College GameDay Built by The Home Depot will visit Ann Arbor, Mich., in advance of the first-ever night game at Michigan Stadium featuring Notre Dame at Michigan. Segments include: Erin Andrews with Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly; Tom Rinaldi in 9/11: Passage of Time; Urban Meyer & Todd McShay focus on Alabama’s defense; and Wired with Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen
- Saturday at 3:15 p.m. (ESPN) – Goal Line will be simulcast for one hour
Complete Studio Programming Schedule
Saturday at 3:30 p.m. on ABC – No. 3 Alabama at
No. 23 Penn State
- Week’s only matchup between ranked teams
- First time Alabama plays at Beaver Stadium since a 17-16 victory in 1989
- Alabama defeated Penn State last year 24-3
- Marks the only Big Ten-SEC regular-season matchup this season
- Alabama has defeated Penn State’s Joe Paterno more than any other non-Big Ten team, holding a
9-4 record against him
Saturday at 8 p.m. on ESPN & ESPN3 – Notre Dame at Michigan
- Michigan has won four of the past five matchups
- Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly and Michigan’s Brady Hoke have met three times while both were in the MAC with Kelly winning them all
- Notre Dame has hosted Michigan in three night games at Notre Dame Stadium, winning all three by an average of four points (1982, 1988 & 1990)
- Notre Dame is attempting to avoid its first 0-2 start since 2007 when the team began the season 0-5
Complete Weekly Game Schedule
Spotlight: Herschel Walker
These are just some of the many different personas of Herschel Walker presented in Herschel on Wednesday at 8 p.m. on ESPNU. The one-hour documentary is the first SEC “Storied” film in a series of four airing this year.
Read More | Film Trailer | Premiere Photos
Football fans may need to buy their tailgating food early this week…
- Wednesday at 7 p.m. – ESPNU takes fans from the start of fall practice, to the new uniform unveiling and ends with the season-opening win vs. Miami on All-Access: Maryland
- Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. – the weekly insider special is followed by the season debut of Road Trip, in which the adventuresome crew of Jonathan Druber and Niki Noto cruised the Georgia campus when the Bulldogs faced Boise State
- Wednesday at 8 p.m. – the television unveiling of Herschel will cap off the evening
Road Trip’s Niki Noto & Jonathan Drubner interview former Georgia head coach Vince Dooley
College GameDay Notebook
Saturday at 9-10 a.m. (ESPNU) & 10 a.m.-noon (ESPN) – College GameDay Built by The Home Depot heads to Ann Arbor, Mich., after a four-year hiatus (Nov. 17, 2007), for its ninth visit all-time to the school. The set will be located at Ingalls Mall by the Burton Clock Tower.
The Wolverines will host the Notre Dame Fighting Irish later that night in the Big House’s first-ever night game (ESPN & ESPN3, 8 p.m.).
Michigan standout receiver, Heisman winner and GameDay analyst, Desmond Howard, who is known for “the catch” made during the 1991 Michigan vs. Notre Dame matchup, will be honored during halftime for his recent induction to the College Football Hall of Fame.
ESPN College GameDay celebrates its 25th season and 25 years of Lee Corso
Additional GameDay notes:
- GameDay debuted the Cheez-It Real FanCam this past weekend to allow fans at home a close-up look at the crowd and fanfare of the live show each week: http://es.pn/Cheez-It
- Two sign language interpreters will be on hand for the full three hours of the live GameDay telecast to aide fans who are hearing impaired. This is the second year GameDay has partnered with schools and surrounding areas to provide the service.