A Labor Day prime time game, five Thursday Night matchups, and two Friday telecasts are among the games involving Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) teams slated for ESPN’s 2013 college football schedule. Additional games will be announced. Highlights include:
- ESPN’s Labor Day prime time telecast on Monday, Sept. 2, at 8 p.m. ET will mark the ACC debut for Pittsburgh with the Panthers hosting defending conference champion Florida State. Florida State finished last season with a 12-2 overall record, including a win in the Discover Orange Bowl over Northern Illinois. The only eight meetings between the programs occurred between 1971 and 1983 with Pittsburgh holding a 5-3 edge in the series.
- ESPN’s popular Thursday night series — ESPN College Football Primetime– will include North Carolina at South Carolina on August 29 and four ACC matchups highlighted by:
- Clemson, coming off an 11-2 record in 2012 including a 25-24 victory over LSU in the Chick-fil-A Bowl, will make two appearances: at Atlantic Division rival NC State on September 19 and against 2012 conference championship game participant Georgia Tech, coming off a 21-7 victory over USC in the Sun Bowl, on November 14.
- Miami (Fla.) and North Carolina, the top two teams in the Coastal Division in 2012, will meet on October 17.
- ESPN networks will televise two Friday telecasts involving the ACC, including Miami (Fla.) at Pittsburgh on November 29, the Friday after Thanksgiving.
The 2013 ACC Labor Day, Thursday and Friday schedule (additional selections to be announced):
|Thu, Aug 29||TBD||North Carolina at South Carolina||ESPN|
|Mon, Sep 2||8 p.m.||Florida State at Pittsburgh||ESPN|
|Fri, Sep 6||8 p.m.||Wake Forest at Boston College||ESPN or ESPN2|
|Thu, Sep 19||TBD||Clemson at NC State||ESPN|
|Thu, Sep 26||TBD||Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech||ESPN|
|Thu, Oct 17||TBD||Miami (Fla.) at North Carolina||ESPN|
|Thu, Nov 14||TBD||Georgia Tech at Clemson||ESPN|
|Fri, Nov 29||TBD||Miami (Fla.) at Pittsburgh||ABC, ESPN or ESPN2|
Media contact: Mike Humes at 860-766-2233; [email protected]