Florida State Heavily Favored to Win VIZIO BCS National Championship
ESPN platforms – for the fourth consecutive year – will have full coverage of the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) across ESPN, WatchESPN, ESPN Radio and ESPN Deportes. In addition, a BCS Megacast of the VIZIO BCS National Championship on Monday, Jan. 6 will encompass ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, ESPN Classic, ESPN Radio, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3 and ESPN Goal Line with game -specific content on ESPN.com and ESPN social media platforms. Several ESPN analysts predicted the winners of the five BCS games.
ESPN analysts’ selections are as followed:
- In a matchup of top-five opponents – No. 5 Stanford grabbed 75 percent (12-of-16) of the votes to top No. 4 Michigan State in the Rose Bowl Game Presented by VIZIO (Jan. 1, 5 p.m. ET).
- No. 6 Baylor is the favorite to beat No. 15 UCF in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl (Jan. 1, 8:30 p.m.) – 92.9 percent of the picks.
- One-hundred percent of the analysts predicted No. 3 Alabama to claim victory over No. 11 Oklahoma in the Allstate Sugar Bowl (Jan. 2, 8:30 p.m.).
- Securing the closest margin of victory of the five games, No. 12 Clemson received 60 percent of the votes (nine-of-15) to be victorious over No. 7 Ohio State in the Discover Orange Bowl (Jan. 3, 8:30 p.m.).
- The VIZIO BCS National Championship (Jan. 6, 8:30 p.m.) featuring a one-loss Auburn against undefeated Florida State has the Seminoles as the favorite to take the title with 80 percent of the selections (12-of-15 votes).
ESPN Analysts BCS Picks
|Anthony Becht||Stanford||UCF||Alabama||Ohio State||Florida State|
|Mike Bellotti||Stanford||Baylor||Alabama||Ohio State||Florida State|
|Kevin Carter||Stanford||Baylor||Alabama||Clemson||Florida State|
|Ed Cunningham||Stanford||Baylor||Alabama||Clemson||Florida State|
|Joey Galloway||Michigan State||Baylor||Alabama||Clemson||Florida State|
|Rod Gilmore||Stanford||—||Alabama||Ohio State||Auburn|
|Brian Griese||Stanford||Baylor||Alabama||Ohio State||Florida State|
|Brock Huard||Michigan State||Baylor||Alabama||Ohio State||Florida State|
|Danny Kanell||Stanford||Baylor||Alabama||Clemson||Florida State|
|Brett McMurphy||Stanford||Baylor||Alabama||Clemson||Florida State|
|Jesse Palmer||Stanford||Baylor||Alabama||Ohio State||Florida State|
|Chris Spielman||Michigan State||—||Alabama||—||Florida State|
|Andre Ware||Michigan State||Baylor||Alabama||Clemson||Florida State|
ESPN analysts did not pick games they are calling
|Rose Bowl||Stanford – 75%||Michigan State – 25%|
|Fiesta Bowl||Baylor – 92.9%||UCF – 7.1%|
|Sugar Bowl||Alabama – 100%||Oklahoma – 0%|
|Orange Bowl||Clemson – 60%||Ohio State – 40%|
|National Championship||Florida State – 80%||Auburn – 20%|