Battle for Cy-Hawk Trophy: ESPNU Road Trip Traveled to Iowa City for Iowa State vs. Iowa
ESPNU Road Trip (Wednesday, Sept. 17, at 6 p.m. ET) traveled to Iowa City, Iowa this past weekend to experience first-hand the battle for the Cy-Hawk Trophy: Iowa State vs. Iowa
- First Look: Hawkeye football will unveil a brand new, state-of-the-art Football Operations Center on the Iowa campus next month and ESPNU Road Trip took an exclusive tour inside the new facility
- Family Affair: Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz has coached all three of his sons at the college level, including Steven who is currently an offensive lineman for the Hawkeyes. Coach Ferentz explains the role family and community service plays in his program
- Giving Back: ESPNU Road Show accompanies Iowa football players to the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital where the student-athletes meet with patients, who double as big Hawkeye fans
- Rivalry Traditions: Become a pseudo member of the student body when the hosts emcee the “Beat State” pep rally and participate in the ROTC Cy-Hawk rivalry game ball run, a tradition that started in the 1980s and continues each year
- Battle for Cy-Hawk Trophy: Tailgate with the “Black Pearl,” experience the “Hawk Walk,” and be on the sidelines of Kinnick Stadium for a thrilling last-second finish in one of the more heated intrastate rivalries in college football
Next week, ESPNU Road Trip experiences two great college towns and two games featuring three ranked teams. The week begins in Manhattan, Kan., for No. 5 Auburn at No. 20 Kansas State before heading to Columbia, Mo for Indiana at No. 18 Missouri. This episode will air September 24 at 6 p.m.