Throughout the college football season, ESPNU’s Road Trip (Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. ET) will travel to a different college town, highlighting the local culture in advance and surrounding a football game. Throughout the 30-minute show, new hosts Jordan Eichenblatt and Rayven Tirado will soak in the local ambiance, meet with influential members of the community, participate in campus traditions and highlight the game day experience.
The season debut of Road Trip (Wednesday, Sept. 3) features the show’s first ever trip to Athens, Georgia, which was the site of Week 1’s showdown between No. 16 Clemson and No.12 Georgia.
- All-Access: Invited into his private lounge, Eichenblatt and Tirado interview Georgia head football coach Mark Richt and he discusses what it means to play at the University
- Saddle Up: The Georgia Women’s Equestrian team is one of the most successful programs in the nation, having won six national titles in the last 14 years. Discover the art behind the sport
- Night Life: Music is a staple in the south and the 40 Watt Club is a staple in Athens. A tour of the music venue delves into its history and Eichenblatt takes his turn playing the drums while Triado learns how to DJ
- Frix Brothers: Following in the footsteps of his older brother Ty, Trent Frix is one of the long snappers on the football team, a position his brother previously held
- Force Be With You: Georgia wide receiver Chris Conley has a love for both football and Star Wars
- Between the Hedges: A game day experience between the hedges is one of the best in college football. Road Trip experiences the tailgating atmosphere, a look at UGA IX, the scene at the Dawg Walk, and a conversation with Georgia Governor Nathan Deal. A full day is capped off with Eichenblatt and Tirado soaking in the energy of the capacity crowd throughout the Bulldogs 45-21 victory
Next week, Road Trip travels to Eugene, Oregon, for a showdown between No. 7 Michigan State vs. No. 3 Oregon.