One Week, Two Trips: ESPNU Road Trip Stops in Manhattan and Columbia
ESPNU Road Trip (Wednesday, Sept. 24, at 6 p.m. ET) traveled to Manhattan, Kan., and Columbia, Mo., this past week, taking in two games: No. 5 Auburn at No. 25 Kansas State and Indiana at No. 18 Missouri:
- Little Apple: ESPNU Road Trip spends a night in the “Little Apple”, including joining the Kansas State Marching Band as they play through the town the night before the game
- Family Affair: Hosts Jordan Eichenblatt and Rayven Tirado chat with Eric Stonestreet, actor from the popular series Modern Family, about his love for Kansas State
- Top 25 Showdown: ESPNU Road Trip brings viewers to the sidelines as two top 25 teams battle in one of the top non-conference games of the season
- Fantastic Voyage: On the way from Manhattan, Kan., to Columbia, Mo., ESPNU Road Trip made three visits: The Oz Museum which features all things Wizard of Oz, in Kansas City to workout with defending MLS Champion Sporting KC Soccer Club, and Oklahoma Joe’s BBQ to experience authentic Kansas City-style barbecue
- Game Day in Columbia: ESPNU Road Trip experiences the life of Mizzou fans during football season including the Tiger walk and the local tailgate scene. Then, the show was on hand to capture a college football special — the upset, as Indiana defeated Missouri.
Next week, ESPNU Road Trip heads to Ann Arbor, Mich. as Minnesota takes on Michigan. This episode will air October 1 at 6 p.m.
Throughout the college football season, ESPNU Road Trip (Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. ET) will travel to a different college town, highlighting the local culture in advance and surrounding a football game. Throughout the 30-minute show, hosts Jordan Eichenblatt and Rayven Tirado will soak in the local ambiance, meet with influential members of the community, participate in campus traditions and highlight the game day experience.