To tweet: http://es.pn/1zwhO8Z
Updates and Dedicated World Cup Section Launch Ahead of 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup
In advance of the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup, ESPNcricinfo – the world’s leading digital cricket brand – has announced the launch of a new update to its signature mobile app, featuring its fastest ever performance and a range of new features. Delivering the most comprehensive cricket coverage from across the world, the refreshed app will enhance fans’ ability to stay up to date with the latest news, info, scores and more.
“Mobile is critical to the modern fan, and is central to all of our thinking at ESPNcricinfo and across ESPN digital,” said Ramesh Kumar, Head of ESPNcricinfo and ESPN India. “The new app offers enhanced performance and superior user interface, as well as new features and sections, and all of the industry-leading, trusted content that cricket fans turn to ESPNcricinfo for.”
The app provides in-depth and quality cricket coverage that ESPNcricinfo is renowned for delivering to cricket fans across the globe. Faster than ever live match scores and data alongside a range of new and updated features will increase user engagement with the app and provide additional methods of interaction with other cricket fans. The updates include:
- World Cup – dedicated section featuring exclusive content from ESPNcricinfo
- Content – updates provide unlimited news loading and access to additional content through a simple swipe process
- Matches –calendar includes rich enhanced filters to access all matches
- Scores – access to archives of match results from previous years
- Match Centre – newly restructured featuring full scorecard, commentary – including a new summary feature allowing for a quick preview of each piece of content – and extensive match coverage
- Improved Functionality – a newly enhanced UI experience across all content
With 20 years of heritage, ESPNcricinfo is the world’s leading digital cricket brand. Founded in 1993 and acquired by ESPN in 2007, ESPNcricinfo is committed to delivering an independent voice for comprehensive coverage of the sport and is available to cricket fans online and across mobile platforms.
Globally, ESPNcricinfo leads its top competitors in average minute audience, unique visitors, page views, average minutes per visitor, and total visits. Despite that leading position, it continues to grow. Across online, mobile and tablet devices (Web and apps) fans log up to 2 billion minutes of time spent each month with ESPNcricinfo globally and log millions of video views.