deadmau5, DJ SNAKE, KYGO, Nas, Run The Jewels and Twenty One Pilots to Perform
X Games Aspen 2016 music tickets and platinum passes are now on sale at XGames.com for the events at Buttermilk Mountain January 28-31, 2016. After four successful concerts at the base of Buttermilk Mountain in 2015, X Games will increase the music offerings to six artists, including a doubleheader Saturday. This year’s concerts will include performances by deadmau5, DJ SNAKE, KYGO, Nas, Run The Jewels and Twenty One Pilots, alongside the sport and festival offerings.
Music fans can purchase an All-Music pass for $150, which will include general admission to all six performances. A limited number of preferred All-Music passes are available for $200, which include preferred viewing, a private entrance to the concert venue, dedicated preferred restrooms and cash bar. Performances will begin Thursday, Jan. 28, at 8 p.m., Friday at 9:30 p.m., Saturday at 4:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. and Sunday at 3:30 p.m. (all times MT). Tickets and full music and competition schedules are now available at XGames.com. As always, general admission to the action sports competitions and festival villages is free to the public.
In addition to the shows at X Games Aspen, fans can enjoy more intimate shows at Aspen’s 450-capacity music venue, Belly Up. Belly Up will host Nas on Wednesday, Twenty One Pilots on Thursday, Run The Jewels (early show) and KYGO (late show) on Friday, mau5trap Presents: deadmau5 on Saturday and DJ SNAKE on Sunday. Please visit BellyUpAspen.com to purchase tickets.
A preferred option for the action sports competitions is also available to fans by purchasing a Platinum Pass for the event. Each Platinum Pass will include access to the platinum suites inside the SuperPipe control tower, serving complimentary beer, wine, spirits and catered food, a guided pre-event tour of the SuperPipe, two-day lift ticket to all four Aspen Snowmass mountains, preferred music viewing, daily autograph opportunities and more. Log on to XGames.com for more detailed Platinum Pass information and pricing.
Click to View X Games Music 2015 Recap Video
X Games Music Performances:
- deadmau5: Joel Zimmerman, more commonly known as deadmau5 (pronounced ‘dead mouse’), is one of the world’s most respected electronic music producers. Enjoying international chart success with his singles, he has also released five critically acclaimed albums. The multiple JUNO Award-winning and Grammy-nominated artist performed at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards as part of its first-ever telecast performance highlighting electronic music. He appeared on the cover of Rolling Stonein 2012, making him the first electronic artist featured on the magazine’s cover. His long-awaited 2015 tour is currently making its way across the globe and new music is in the works for 2016.
- DJ SNAKE: Born in France but recently relocated to Miami, DJ/producer William Grigahcine, a.k.a. DJ SNAKE, has taken the Festival/Electronic music scene by storm. His world-wide #1 hit, “Turn Down For What,” a collaboration with Lil Jon, was the best-selling electronic music single of 2014, earning the video four MTV VMA nominations, including a win for “Best Direction” and a Grammy nomination for Best Music Video. DJ SNAKE shows no signs of slowing down in 2015. Currently climbing the charts is the hit single, “You Know You Like It,” his collaboration with AlunaGeorge. Another hit currently topping the charts is the first single from Major Lazer’s new album, “Lean On,” a collaboration between DJ SNAKE and Diplo.
- KYGO: Hailed by Billboard magazine as the ‘the next EDM superstar,’ Kyrre Gørvell-Dahll, a.k.a KYGO, has gone from bedroom producer to one of the most hyped electronic artists in quick order. Having established himself as a household name thanks to his widely popular remixes, sell-out shows in North America and Europe as well as headline performances at festivals including TomorrowWorld and Findings, KYGO signed a worldwide recording deal with Sony Music Entertainment in September. His first original track “Firestone,” released at the end of 2014, has now amassed over seven million plays across SoundCloud and YouTube and over 40 million plays on Spotify, peaking at #4 in the worldwide Spotify chart.
- NAS: The son of famed jazz musician Olu Dara, Nas created what’s widely regarded as one of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time with 1994’s Illmatic at just 20 years old. Just two years later, Nas released It Was Written, with singles “Street Dreams” and “If I Ruled the World” vaulting him into mainstream success. Two decades later, Nas remains an incendiary and outspoken rapper on the recently-released Life is Good, his tenth album and sixth to debut at the top of the Billboard 200. The collection also received four Grammy nominations and most recently he released a feature-length documentary Time is Illmatic following the span of Nas’ career.
- Run The Jewels: El-P and Killer Mike, the distinctive American rap duo, continue to exceed expectations with their critically-lauded live performances and recordings, the latest of which, RTJ2, topped year end lists at Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, Stereogum, and more. Well known for their energetic live sets, they are currently on tour in North America on the Jewel Runner Tour.
- Twenty One Pilots: BLURRYFACE, Twenty One Pilots’ latest album, opens a new chapter in the Columbus, Ohio-based band’s story. The album – which follows the duo of Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun’s Fueled By Ramen debut, VESSEL – debuted earlier this year, entering the SoundScan/Billboard 200 at number one. Twenty One Pilots are currently on their sold-out headline Blurryface World Tour and have spent much of the past year performing mainstage sets at international festivals including Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, Japan’s Fuji Rock Festival, Belgium’s Pukkelpop, and Montreal’s Osheaga Festival Musique et Arts. Twenty One Pilots’ new single “Stressed Out” is rising quickly at Alternative radio outlets nationwide while its companion video has scored over 20 million views and counting at Twenty One Pilots’ official YouTube channel, youtube.com/watch?v=pXRviuL6vMY.
*PLEASE NOTE: The musicians scheduled to perform at X Games Aspen are subject to change. Artists are listed in alphabetical order, please visit XGames.com for a complete schedule.
ESPN Communications Grace Coryell, 213-405-4402, [email protected]
Danny Chi, 213-405-4400, [email protected]