Chris Berman Interviews with Bill Belichick and Profiles Pete Carroll
Postseason NFL Countdown on Saturday (ESPN, Jan. 14, at 10 a.m. ET)
Reporters at Saturday’s games:
On Saturday, Berman files two features – a one-on-one conversation with Patriots coach Bill Belichick; and a story on the unique and winning culture head coach Pete Carroll has fostered with the Seahawks. The past two weeks, Berman has travelled to Foxboro, Mass., and Seattle to visit both teams.
- Soundtracks – Jadeveon Clowney: Texans defensive end Jadeveon Clowney was wired for in-game audio during the Wild Card game last week when he intercepted a pass and helped lead Houston past the Raiders.
- Vic Beasley Jr. – Bust to Boom: Jim Trotter reports how Falcons linebacker Vic Beasley Jr. tripled his total sacks for the season – from four (2015) to 15.5 (2016) – thanks to his veteran teammate and mentor Dwight Freeney.
Postseason NFL Countdown on Sunday (ESPN, Jan. 15, at 11 a.m. ET)
Reporters at Sunday’s games:
- Steelers (Josina Anderson) at Chiefs (Sal Paolantonio)
- Packers (Michele Steele) at Cowboys (Ed Werder)
- Justin Houston – The Art of the Pass Rush: As Justin Houston returns to the lineup after a two-week absence due to inflammation of the knee, the Chiefs leading pass rusher demonstrates to Trotter his secrets for getting after opposing quarterbacks.
- Locker Room Neighbors: NFL stars like Dak Prescott (Cowboys QB), Aaron Rodgers (Packers QB), and Antonio Brown (Steelers WR) attract media attention when the locker room is open. As the media surround the stars, it leaves little or no space for their teammates who have lockers situated nearby. Greg Garber examines the experiences of players who are locker room neighbors to NFL stars.
- Sport Science – Aaron Rodgers’ Hail Mary’s: Sport Science host John Brenkus presents the science behind quarterback Aaron Rodgers’ success throwing Hail Mary passes.
- A Christmas Story – Gifting a Steelers Game: ESPN NFL contributor Annie Apple tells the story of a Steelers fan, Ernest Freeman, who gave a homeless man – Ricky, aka Stretch – near Pittsburgh’s Heinz Field a ticket to watch his first Steelers game vs. the Baltimore Ravens, and the bond they shared at the Christmas Day game.
ESPN’s NFL Divisional Playoffs weekend programming:
|Sat, Jan 14||5 & 5:30 a.m.||NFL Matchup||ESPN and WatchESPN
(re-air, ESPN2 at 9:30 a.m.)
|10 a.m.||Postseason NFL Countdown||ESPN and WatchESPN|
|12 a.m.*||NFL PrimeTime||ESPN and WatchESPN|
|Sun, Jan 15||10 a.m.||NFL Insiders: Sunday Edition||ESPN and WatchESPN|
|11 a.m.||Postseason NFL Countdown||ESPN and WatchESPN|
|8 p.m.*||NFL PrimeTime||ESPN and WatchESPN|
*Time is approximate.
More NFL Coverage on Sunday Studio Shows:
- NFL Insiders: Sunday Edition (10 a.m. on ESPN) – Trey Wingo hosts with Mark Dominik, Louis Riddick and Schefter.
- NFL PrimeTime (8 p.m., ESPN) – Berman and Herm Edwards review the day’s games.