Most common matchup in show’s history – visiting for the ninth time
ESPN College GameDay Covered by State Farm will end its regular season road show on the campus of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, on Saturday, March 4, in advance of the Saturday Primetime presented by AT&T ACC matchup between No. 10 Duke and No. 8 North Carolina (ESPN, 8:15 p.m. ET). College GameDay airs at 11 a.m. with an evening edition leading into the game telecast at 8 p.m.
GameDay ends at the Duke-North Carolina game for the ninth time, including the last six years. The four times the show has not visited this storied matchup, it traveled to Baylor (2011), West Virginia (2009), Marquette (2007) and Oklahoma State (2005).
The times for the previously announced netflex games are No.13 Florida at Vanderbilt (ESPN, 2 p.m.), Georgia at Arkansas (ESPN2, 2 p.m.), No. 9 Baylor at Texas (ESPN, 4 p.m.), Memphis at No. 17 SMU (ESPN2, 4 p.m.), No. 3 Kansas at Oklahoma State (ESPN, 6 p.m.) and No. 6 Oregon at Oregon State (ESPN2, 6 p.m.).
- Ninth GameDay meeting between teams
- Sixth straight year meeting on GameDay
- Most common matchup in show’s history
- Teams have split previous eight at four apiece
- North Carolina
- 17th appearance on GameDay (most all-time)
- Sixth time hosting GameDay, tied with Kentucky for third-most all-time (only Duke (7) and Kansas (7) have more)
- 15th appearance on GameDay (2nd-most all-time)
- Eighth time as GameDay visitor, tied with Kentucky for second-most all-time (only North Carolina (11) has more)