- Seventh Time at Alabama-Auburn Game; First Visit to Auburn Since the Kick ‘Six’ Game
ESPN’s College GameDay Built by The Home Depot – college football’s longest-running and most-celebrated pregame show – will originate from Auburn University on Saturday, Nov. 25, in advance of the Iron Bowl: No. 1 Alabama at No. 6 Auburn.
The three-hour premier show will originate from the Samford Lawn adjacent to Toomer’s Corner from 9 a.m. to noon ET with live SportsCenter hits from the set in the 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. hours leading up to College GameDay.
Saturday’s College GameDay will be the show’s seventh time at the Iron Bowl, including its fourth time in Auburn for the annual game. It will be the show’s first time in Auburn – for the Iron Bowl or any other game – since November 30, 2013, the day of the famous “Kick Six”. Overall, it is the show’s ninth visit to the Auburn campus, originating from the campus for the first time 1995 and then again in ’97, ’04, ’06, ’08, ’10, and ’11.
The seven-time Emmy Award-winning show is hosted by Rece Davis, who is joined by analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and David Pollack, as well as contributors Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica, Jen Lada, Tom Rinaldi, Maria Taylor and Gene Wojciechowski.
Basketball Hall of Famer Charles Barkley will be this week’s guest picker, appearing on the final segment of the show (approximately: 11:40 a.m. – noon). The former Auburn Tiger was the SEC Player of the Year in 1984 before going on to a 16-year NBA career where he was an 11-time All-Star.
College GameDay Features:
- More than a Rivalry: Michigan-Ohio State means a lot of different things to different people. For one Buckeye fan’s family the rivalry is about more than The Game… it’s about hope.
- The “IT” Factor: Inside Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts’ poise and demeanor, two overwhelming characteristics he has demonstrated in his two seasons leading the Crimson Tide. |
- More than a Friend: Have you ever wished you could “do more” when a friend was in need? A Colorado season ticket holder did just that for a fellow Colorado Fan.
College GameDay and Coach Corso Facts:
- Been Here Before: The only two matchups GameDay has visited more than the seven for Auburn-Alabama are: Alabama vs LSU (9), and Florida vs Tennessee (8). GameDay has also been to Miami-Florida State and Florida-Florida State seven times each.
- 1 Road Test: Saturday is the 17th time GameDay will be at the site of No. 1 playing a true road game vs. another Top 10 opponent.
- Winning Record for Corso: Coach Corso has a 4-3 head gear record in Auburn
- Tiger by the Tail: Corso is 2-1 picking the Tigers in Auburn and 2-2 picking against them
- Iron Bowl Headgear: Corso 3-1 when picking Alabama over Auburn in the Iron Bowl
- Familiar Friend: Corso has worn the Alabama headgear 27 times – more than any other headgear. He’s 18-9 in those picks.
- Winning Season: Corso is 8-4 on the year, including correctly picking Wisconsin last week.