- Sunday NFL Countdown in Pittsburgh: Styx’s “Renegade” and The Steelers, Antonio Brown’s Sideline Catches, Brandin Cooks Profile
- Monday Night Football: Matt Ryan Leads Falcons against Buccaneers in NFC South Matchup
- Monday Night Countdown: Michelle Beisner-Buck on Falcons Rookie Takkarist McKinley’s Promise to his Grandmother
Sunday NFL Countdown – Live from Pittsburgh (Dec. 17, 10 a.m. ET)
ESPN’s Sunday NFL Countdown will be on the road for just the second time in the program’s 32-year history. This Sunday (Dec. 17), the three-hour NFL pregame show (10 a.m-1 p.m.) will originate from Jerome Bettis’ Grille 36 in Pittsburgh, down the street from Heinz Field, site of this weekend’s much-anticipated New England Patriots (10-3) vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-2) AFC matchup.
Host Sam Ponder and analysts Matt Hasselbeck, Randy Moss, Rex Ryan and Charles Woodson will preview the NFL’s week 15 games from the Steel City. Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen is one of the planned on-site guests. NFL Insiders Chris Mortensen, Louis Riddick and Adam Schefter, and senior fantasy sports analyst Matthew Berry will contribute from ESPN’s Bristol, Conn., studios.
- Packers at Panthers (Josina Anderson)
- Eagles at Giants (Dan Graziano)
- Rams at Seahawks (Jeff Darlington)
- Patriots at Steelers (Sal Paolantonio)
- Cowboys at Raiders (Jim Trotter)
- NFL Films – Renegade –The Styx song “Renegade” is the rally cry at the Steelers’ Heinz Field when the team needs a second half boost. Louis Riddick narrates this NFL Films-produced piece.
- Tony Toe Tap – Steelers All Pro wide receiver Antonio Brown has made ridiculous sideline catches this year. Keyshawn Johnson went to Pittsburgh to break down the art of keeping two feet in bounds.
- Brandin Cooks Profile – Through his love of photography, Patriots wide receiver Brandin Cooks documents his life – overcoming the loss of his dad when he was young, his brothers getting into trouble with the law, and eventually making it to the NFL. Jeff Darlington
Monday Night Football – Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Dec. 18, 8:15 p.m. ET)
Last year’s NFL MVP Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons continue their quest for a playoff spot against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Jameis Winston in a NFC South matchup on ESPN’s Monday Night Football. MNF play-by-play announcer Sean McDonough will call the game from Raymond James Stadium with analyst Jon Gruden and sideline reporter Lisa Salters. At halftime, Gruden – the only head coach to lead the Bucs to a Super Bowl title – will be inducted into the Buccaneers Ring of Honor.
MNF will also be streamed live on the ESPN App. Additionally, ESPN Deportes will televise the Falcons-Buccaneers game in Spanish with commentators Alvaro Martin, Raul Allegre and John Sutcliffe.
ESPN NFL shows leading into the week 15 NFL games:
|Sat, Dec 16||8:30 a.m.||NFL Matchup||ESPN2|
|Sun, Dec 17||4 and 6:30 a.m.||NFL Matchup||ESPN|
|10 a.m.||Sunday NFL Countdown||ESPN|
|10 a.m.||Fantasy Football Now||ESPN2|
|Mon, Dec 18||1:30 p.m.||NFL PrimeTime||ESPN|
|2:30 p.m.||The Fantasy Show||ESPN|
|3 p.m.||NFL Live||ESPN|
|6 p.m.||Monday Night Countdown||ESPN|
Monday Night Countdown (Dec. 18, 6 p.m. ET)
Leading into the Falcons-Buccaneers MNF game, Suzy Kolber will host Monday Night Countdown (6 p.m.) with NFL analysts Hasselbeck, Moss, Woodson and Steve Young from Raymond James Stadium. Mortensen, Riddick, Schefter, Berry and the MNF commentator team will also contribute. Features:
- Gruden’s Chalk Talk – Dan Quinn: MNF analyst Gruden sits for a conversation with Falcons head coach Dan Quinn
- Takkarist McKinley – At the 2017 NFL Draft, Atlanta defensive end Takkarist McKinley made an impression when he went on stage with a large photo of his grandmother, Myrtle Collins, who never saw him fulfill the promise he made to her before she died. The Falcons rookie opens up to Michelle Beisner-Buck about his relationship with Collins and the struggles he faced growing up in Northern California.
ESPN Radio: Doubleheader Sunday – Jets at Saints and Patriots at Steelers
ESPN Radio’s weekly NFL broadcasts continue Sunday, Dec. 17, with a doubleheader – New York Jets at New Orleans Saints (noon), followed by Patriots at Steelers at 4 p.m. Marc Kestecher, Dusty Dvoracek and Ian Fitzsimmons will call the early game, while Adam Amin, Bill Polian and Sal Paolantonio are assigned to the second game.
- Todd McShay’s 2018 NFL Mock Draft 1.0 – Todd McShay, ESPN.com
- NFL Insiders predict: Week 15 upsets, flops, teams facing crucial drafts, more – ESPN.com
- Brady vs. Big Ben by the numbers: A study in dominance; shot at redemption – Jeremy Fowler, ESPN.com
- Falcons hope to duplicate last season, finish with scoring frenzy – Vaughn McClure, ESPN.com
- What to expect in Aaron Rodgers’ return? Check the film from 2013 – Rob Demovsky, ESPN.com
Contacts: Bill Hofheimer ([email protected]), Mac Nwulu ([email protected]) or Allie Stoneberg ([email protected])