- First Ball to Last Ball across ESPN Networks, ESPN App
- TV Coverage Starts March 15, includes Men’s and Women’s Semifinals, Championships
ESPN has extensive coverage on TV and on the ESPN app of the BNP Paribas Open from Indian Wells, Calif., and two of the sport’s legends are key storylines:
- Serena Williams will return to WTA Tour action for the first time in over a year – since the 2017 Australian Open, where she won her 23rd Major championship. She gave birth last September.
- Australian Open champion Roger Federer – who recently reclaimed the No. 1 ranking in the world, and at 36 is the oldest man ever to hold that distinction – is defending the champion’s points totals (also at the upcoming Miami Open, having successfully swept the “Sunshine Double” in 2017).
The ESPN app will offer first-ball-to-last-ball coverage beginning Thursday, March 8, with 23 hours on TV which include the women’s and men’s semifinals and championships of each tournament.
ESPN’s lead tennis host Chris Fowler will be joined by Chrissie Evert, Brad Gilbert, Patrick McEnroe and Pam Shriver.
BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, Calif.
- ESPN3 / ESPN app: 520 total hours of daily coverage of ATP and WTA matches March 7 – 18, featuring multiple feed offerings and ATP matches from up to eight courts (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9).
- TV and ESPN app: 23 live hours, begins Thursday, March 15, and concludes with the Women’s and Men’s Championships on ESPN on Sunday, March 18.
- Talent: Chris Fowler, Chrissie Evert, Brad Gilbert, Patrick McEnroe and Pam Shriver
- Defending Champions: Roger Federer, Elena Vesnina
|Mar 8 – 18||2 p.m. – finish||BNP Paribas Open –
ATP & WTA feeds, up to 8 courts
|Thu, Mar 15||2 – 6 p.m.||BNP Paribas Open – Quarterfinals||ESPN2|
|8 p.m. – 12 a.m.||BNP Paribas Open – Quarterfinals||ESPN2|
|Fri, Mar 16||3 – 5 p.m.||BNP Paribas Open – Men’s Quarterfinal #3||ESPN|
|5 – 7 p.m.||BNP Paribas Open – Men’s Quarterfinal #4||ESPN3|
|10 p.m. – 2 a.m.||BNP Paribas Open – Women’s Semifinals||ESPN2|
|Sat, Mar 17||2 – 7 p.m.||BNP Paribas Open – Men’s Semifinals||ESPN|
|Sun, Mar 18||2 – 6 p.m.||BNP Paribas Open – Men’s & Women’s Championships||ESPN|
Next Tennis from ESPN
ESPN will have extensive coverage of the Miami Open presented by Itaú beginning Wednesday, March 21, including first-ball-to-last-ball coverage on ESPN3 and the ESPN app. TV joins on Wednesday, March 28, and continues through the semifinals and championships.