Wednesday, July 18 at 2 p.m. CT at U.S. Bank Stadium
WHAT: The official X Games Minneapolis kickoff panel will include the world’s top action sports athletes and accomplished X Games medalists along with Tim Reed, VP of X Games. The event discussion will be driven and hosted by Jack Mitrani, host of X Games Minneapolis.
WHEN: Wednesday, July 18, from 2 – 3 p.m. CT
WHERE: Interview Room on Field Level at U.S. Bank Stadium
WHO: Athletes and panelists confirmed to attend include
- Jackson Strong (Lockhart, New South Wales, Australia) – An innovator and a fan favorite, crowds love Strong’s hard-charging, roll-the-dice style. The three-time X Games gold medalist made his X Games debut at the age of 18, and he owns a well-earned reputation as something of a wild man. He competes in his 11th X Games in 2018 in both Freestyle and Best Trick, hoping to take home his first gold in Freestyle.
- Nicole Hause (Stillwater, Minnesota, USA) – An unofficial X Games ambassador to the city, she has thrown out the first pitch at a Minnesota Twins game twice. Her hard-charging go-for-it attitude on her skateboarding brought her close to the podium in 2017 – taking home fourth in Park at X Games Minneapolis. She opened this season by winning the Vans Girls Combi Pool Classic and Vert Attack (both in March 2018) as well as the Dew Tour Long Beach (July 2018).
- Jagger Eaton (Mesa, Arizona, USA) – Now 17 years old, it’s almost hard to believe this is the same kid who first competed in Skateboard Big Air at X Games Los Angeles in 2012 at age 11, still the youngest-ever X Games competitor. Winning both the X Games Street and Park Amateur events at X Games Minneapolis 2017 made an impression, but that couldn’t prepare people for how he started 2018: taking home a win at the Tampa Pro and then silver at the X Games Norway Skateboard Street final.
- Mykel Larrin (Racine, Wisconsin, USA) – A jack-of-all-disciplines, Mykel started his X Games career in BMX Vert in 2012. He came off the BMX Big Air alternate list to earn bronze in 2015 and in June, earned a slot in BMX Park when he won the Road to X Games contest. He is in line to become only the second BMX athlete to compete in all three of those disciplines at the same X Games event. When not competing, Larrin puts on demos, speaks out against bullying and tours with the Bikes Over Baghdad crew.
- Elliot Sloan (New York City, New York, USA) – Defending Big Air gold medalist Elliot Sloan owns nine X Games medals in 12 appearances. Rocking on his guitar and rolling on ramps, Sloan is known for doing both in his Metal & Mayhem video part, where he pulled a 360 on a mega ramp with a guitar in his hand. Sloan has also hosted the Highland Showdown contest for the past two years at his home, where he has an extra-large Vert ramp in his backyard.
- Tim Reed – As vice president of the X Games, Reed oversees the creative development and day-to-day operation of the X Games franchise. This includes the programming, production and distribution of X Games content – both for X Games events and for year-round World of X Games programming, oversight of digital and social content and direction of X Games events. Reed has led the development and integration of youth lifestyle elements into X Games events, including music, film, photography and art experiences created to serve the youth action sports audience. Reed also led the launch of the World of X Games show, which is now entering into its fifth full year of programming on ABC.
RSVP: Please confirm your attendance via email to [email protected]
*NOTE: In order to attend, you must already be approved for media credentials for X Games Minneapolis 2018. Media credential check-in begins Wednesday, July 18 at 12 p.m. CT and will be issued from the Credential Center at U.S. Bank Stadium. All media will enter through the Lower Pentair Gate, located on the south side of U.S. Bank Stadium, accessible via 6th Street. Media will make a left once inside the building, and receive their credentials in the first room on the left.
Please arrive early enough to allow yourself time to check in for credentials, get your RF equipment tagged and make your way to the Interview Room on Field Level where the Press Conference is located.
Olivia Wilson, ESPN Communications, [email protected], 904-303-3538