X Games Social and Digital Coverage Provides Exclusive Behind the Scenes Coverage
From January 24 – 27, the world’s top action sports stars will take over ESPN, ABC and ESPN2 with more than 15 hours of the most unique content on the network – 1080s, triple corks and super slo-mo included. On Thursday and Friday, primetime coverage of the day’s finals will kick off the weekend with thrilling action from the SuperPipe, Slopestyle and Snow Bike courses. Over the weekend, coverage will switch to ABC, where the world’s top action sports stars will continue to push progression from beautiful Buttermilk Mountain in Aspen, Colorado. For the full telecast schedule, please click HERE.
In addition to all of the content on ESPN’s U.S.-based media platforms, X Games Aspen 2018 will be televised globally in 192 countries and territories to more than 500 million homes, including live coverage in Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, the Caribbean, Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, and multiple countries in Europe, including Norway, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Sweden and U.K.
Jack Mitrani Leads Team of Veteran X Games Athletes and Industry Experts in Competition and Lifestyle Coverage
Host Jack Mitrani will return to steer coverage of X Games Aspen 2019 from the host set at Buttermilk Mountain. The team of play-by-play and analysts will each be comprised of an action sports expert and pro athlete – Brandon Graham and Craig McMorris will continue to cover snowboarding, Chris Ernst, Tom Wallisch and Jen Hudak will cover Skiing and Jimmy Coleman and Chris Burandt will call Snowmobile, Snow Bike and Moto action. In addition, sideline reporting for Ski and Snowboard will be provided by X Games telecast rookie Jonathan “DC” Oetken; Snowmobile, Snow Bike and Moto by Dianna Dahlgren; and lifestyle and music by Hannah Rad. For more information on X Games Aspen 2019 talent, please click HERE.
Exclusive Content Offering on XGames.com and @XGames Social Pages Brings Fans Extensive Coverage of the X Games Event and Stars
- @XGames Pages on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter: Nine hours of coverage will be streamed exclusively on @XGames social media handles – including the inaugural Snowboard Knuckle Huck and revamped Harley-Davidson Snow Hill Climb competition. Highlights from Lil Wayne, Louis the Child, The Chainsmokers and Kygo will also air on @XGames social channels.
- X Games EXTRA: Each night following the completion of coverage on ESPN and ABC, Jack Mitrani will host X Games EXTRA live on the X Games YouTube channel. Each EXTRA show will invite the day’s medalists to join Jack for an exclusive après-ski interview. The show also features special guests from around the action sports and music industries. You never know who might drop by!
- BEING Series: The Being Series features in-depth profiles on the world’s top action sports athletes and icons. Each athlete profile will debut on XGames.com and @XGames social media and then several will be packaged into a one-hour World of X Games show, airing Saturday, January 19 at 2 p.m. on ABC. The athletes featured in the upcoming Being Series are Anna Gasser, Blair Morgan, Tom Wallisch and Jackson Strong.
- com: In addition to live results, XGames.com will provide behind-the-scenes profiles with top X Games stars, photo galleries shot by the best creative talent in the action sports industry and the Booth Boyz series. Featuring Jack Mitrani, Craig McMorris and Brandon Graham, the Booth Boyz spark discussion about everything X Games – nothing is safe!
- X Games Aspen App: The free app, which is compatible with iPhone and Android, puts the world’s premier action sports event right at your fingertips, making it easier than ever to access schedules, view the event map and keep up with the top names and hottest news coming out of Aspen. Fans can also purchase tickets straight from the app.
- ESPN App: Over the four days, the ESPN App will stream live content from ESPN and ESPN Deportes on computers, smartphones, tablets and connected devices. The ESPN App is available to more than 90 million households nationwide in the U.S. at no additional cost to fans who receive their video subscription from an affiliated provider.
X Games’ Innovation Provides Unique Camera Positions and Ultra Slow-Mo; New Graphics Package for 2019
In addition to the 31 manned cameras, X Games will feature the most unique angles in broadcasting through 15 point of view cameras on athletes and machines, eight extreme slow-motion cameras, an aerial tracking system camera called the CondorCam, and more to provide 130 different angles. Please click HERE for additional information on technology used to produce X Games Aspen 2019.
X Games Aspen viewers will be treated to a new graphics package created specifically for the event. Designed in order to give fans the best viewing experience possible, the graphics have been updated to produce a more eye-catching look without blocking any action. A smaller and brighter graphics package brings the viewer closer to the action and point of view of the world’s best athletes.
Additional information on all X Games Aspen is available at www.xgames.com for fans or on www.espnmediazone.com for media only. For photos please visit www.espnimages.com.
Danny Chi, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4400; [email protected]
Grace Coryell, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4402; [email protected]
Olivia Wilson, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4145, [email protected]