- 2019 FA Cup Final airs Saturday at 12 p.m. ET
- On-site ESPN coverage from London features ESPN FC TV and live Twitter show from Wembley Stadium
After capturing the 2019 English Premier League title last weekend, Manchester City faces Watford FC in the 138th FA Cup Final at historic Wembley Stadium in London on Saturday, May 18, at 12 p.m. ET, exclusively on ESPN+ in the United States.
ESPN’s comprehensive on-site coverage will feature ESPN FC TV, exclusively on ESPN+, and live pre- and post-game ESPN Twitter shows.
The FA Cup is the oldest and longest-running domestic cup competition in global football. ESPN+, the direct-to-consumer sports streaming service, is exclusively presenting the FA Cup for the first time in 2019.
2019 FA Cup Final storylines:
- Manchester City (11th FA Cup Final appearance) is seeking its sixth FA Cup title and its first since 2011. Watford (second Final appearance) will earn its first FA Cup Trophy with a win;
- In 2018-19, Manchester City has already won the Premier League and Carabao Cup titles;
- Manchester City leads the head-to-head series 3-1-2 (W-L-T) against Watford in FA Cup meetings;
- With a victory, Watford will become the 44th different team to win the FA Cup.
ESPN FC at FA Cup Final:
ESPN FC, the daily soccer news highlights, analysis and information program exclusive to ESPN+, will present its 2019 FA Cup Final preview show Friday, May 17, with host Dan Thomas, analysts Shaka Hislop, Steve Nicol (in Bristol), and Craig Burley (from Wembley). ESPN reporter Alexis Nunes, who recently moved to London, will offer reports and updates. Additional content:
- Burley and the ESPN FC crew will immediately recap the match with highlights and analysis on Saturday;
- Two-time FA Cup winner Frank Leboeuf joins the ESPN FC podcast to share his FA Cup Final memories;
- Nicol and Hislop preview the 2019 FA Cup Final and discuss their experiences playing in past finals.
FA Cup Countdown Live:
Alexis Nunes and Craig Burley will host ESPN’s first ever live FA Cup Final digital show from pitchside at Wembley Stadium (FA Cup Countdown Live), Saturday at 11a ET. The 30-minute program — available on Twitter, YouTube and the ESPN app — will include pre-recorded interviews with Manchester City and Watford players, team news, special guests and more.
Senior writer Mark Ogden and Manchester City correspondent Jon Smith will lead ESPNFC.com’s coverage of the FA Cup Final from Wembley, including a preview package on “Everything You Need to Know about the Game” by Gabriele Marcotti; news, analysis and reactions; a feature on Watford’s striker Troy Deeney; and more.
ESPN Social will create social content featuring 2019 FA Cup Final action on @ESPNFC, @ESPN, and @SportsCenter across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Highlights include live in-game video of top moments including goals scored, key stats, player performance notes, and more.