To tweet this release: http://es.pn/MS2196
ESPN Deportes Scores Highest-Rated, Most-Watched Month Ever
ESPN Deportes wrapped up its coverage of the UEFA Euro 2012 scoring record ratings and viewership, led by the final match between Spain and Italy, which delivered the network’s highest-rated, most watched telecast ever, according to Nielsen. The match reached 2,199,000 P+2 Hispanics, delivering a 12.9 Hispanic household coverage rating with 699,000 households and 1,125,000 viewers. The final match is also the second highest-rated European soccer match ever on a Spanish-language sports cable network. The final was up by 28 percent compared to ESPN Deportes coverage of the 2008 Euro finals (10.1).
The tournament also drove ESPN Deportes to its highest rated and most watched month ever. The month of June delivered an averaged 0.9 Hispanic household coverage rating with 46,000 households and 62,000 viewers – replacing March 2009 which averaged a 0.8 Hispanic HH coverage rating with 35,000 households and 48,000 viewers.
“We are very proud of the successful coverage of the UEFA Euro 2012 on ESPN Deportes,” said Lino Garcia, general manager of ESPN Deportes. “We experienced record viewership through the tournament which underscores the value of sports in the Hispanic market, and reinforces our commitment to serving fans with content they want to consume.”
- Through the tournament, 5.25 million people (P+2) tuned into live coverage of Euro 2012 tournament on ESPN Deportes, a 24 percent increase from the 4.24 million people who tuned into the live coverage of Euro in 2008.
- The 27 live Euro matches that aired on ESPN Deportes, averaged a 4.2 Hispanic household coverage rating (+50%) with 220,000 Hispanic HH impressions and 324,000 viewers – up 120 percent and 138 percent, respectively, versus the 26 matches that aired in 2008 (2.8 Hispanic HH coverage rating, 100,000 Hispanic households and 136,000 viewers)
- The England vs. Italy quarter final match that aired on June 24 delivered a 8.1 Hispanic coverage rating with 424,000 households and 619,000 viewers. The dramatic semifinal match between Spain and Portugal on June 27 averaged a 7.6 Hispanic household coverage rating with 414, households and 650,000 viewers. The two matches are amongst ESPN Deportes’ top ten most-watched telecasts, 8th and 9th respectively.
- Fuera de Juego, the news and information show featured prior and post each match, totaling 50 live telecasts during the tournament, averaged a 1.5 Hispanic HH coverage rating. The postgame show following the final match delivered the highest rated, most-watched sports news and information show ever on ESPN Deportes. The show delivered a 5.2 Hispanic HH coverage rating with 280,000 households and 413,000 viewers.
- ESPN Deportes was the most-watched ad supported cable network (English or Spanish) among Hispanic M25-54, on a total day basis, through-out the tournament