Extensive multiplatform, live coverage of all games from Hermosillo, Mexico
For the seventh consecutive year, ESPN Deportes will offer extensive coverage of the Caribbean World Series across television, radio, broadband and online. ESPN Deportes will televise all games starting Friday, February 1 at 5 p.m. ET with the kickoff game Venezuela vs. Dominican Republic, followed by a live coverage of the tournament’s opening ceremonies at 8:30 p.m.
ESPN Deportes will also carry the entire series on ESPN Deportes +, the Spanish-language programming extension of ESPN3.
Estadio Sonora – the crown jewel of Latin America’s ballparks – is the home of the 2013 tournament.
Also adding to the excitement is a seventh day of play. With the Series’ new format the four countries will compete in a six-day double-round-robin with the top two teams playing for the championship on February 7.
A number of big leaguers are expected to represent their countries this year including the LA Dodgers’ Hanley Ramirez, Braves’ third baseman Juan Francisco, Pedro Ciriaco of the Boston Red Sox and World Series MVP Pablo Sandoval.
- Live telecast of both games being played each day (schedule listed below);
- Complete coverage of Opening Ceremony and Closing Ceremony;
- Exclusive previews and recaps on SportsCenter, Los Capitanes and #Redes;
- ESPN Deportes baseball experts will be covering from Hermosillo, Mexico throughout the seven-day event: baseball experts Jorge Eduardo Sanchez and Guillermo Celis are slated to call the early games while Ernesto Jerez, known for his signature voice for Spanish-language baseball and unmistakable chant “No, no, no, no, no digale no a esa pelota along with baseball expert Luis Alfredo Alvarez take the mic for game two. The versatile Carolina Padron and Eitan Benezra will offer analysis from the field.
- In addition, for the first time ever Regional Mexican music takes center stage with “Hermosillo se Prendio,” the networks theme song for the Series. The song was written by ESPN’s associate producer Leonte Landino and composed by Banda La Retadora’s director, Victor Chapo Morales.
ESPN Deportes + on ESPN3
- The online platform will carry all the action of the Caribbean Series in HD live and exclusively online in Spanish following the schedule below.
ESPN Deportes Radio
- The Series will be broadcast live on ESPN Deportes Radio Nueva York 1050 AM. Local morning and afternoon shows Firma ESPN (7-10 a.m.) and Zona ESPN NY (2-5 p.m.) will also provide the latest news and analysis around the event.
- ESPN Deportes Radio Dallas 1540 AM will broadcast all the games featuring Mexico as well as the final.
- Up-to-date news on the teams; interviews with players, and exclusive previews and recaps;
- Original blogs by ESPN’s baseball experts Enrique Rojas and Rubén Castro;
- Daily video hits and podcasts by ESPN’ TV and Radio talent;
- Polls and list rankers, daily updated;
- “Dos en Bases,” an online weekly feature during MLB season, will make its return to offer insight from Fernando Alvarez and Guillermo Celis, and
- “Cara a Cara con Caro” session via social media where fans can ask questions via Facebook and Twitter and receive answers from Carolina Padron during the games
ESPN Deportes Programming Schedule (ET):
5:00 p.m. Venezuela vs. Dominican Republic
8:30 p.m. Opening Ceremony
9:00 p.m. Puerto Rico vs. México
3:00 p.m. Dominican Republic vs. Puerto Rico
7:00 p.m. México vs. Venezuela
3:00 p.m. Venezuela vs. Puerto Rico
7:00 p.m. México vs. Dominican Republic
3:00 p.m. Puerto Rico vs. Dominican Republic
5:00 p.m. Venezuela vs. México
6:00 p.m. Puerto Rico vs. Venezuela
9:30 p.m. Dominican Republic vs. México
6:00 p.m. Dominican Republic vs. Venezuela
9:30 p.m. Puerto Rico vs. México
9:00 p.m. 1st place vs. 2nd place
12:30 a.m. Closing Ceremonies