To Tweet: http://bit.ly/FLB2013
Back for its 18th consecutive season on the digital diamond, ESPN Fantasy Baseball returns to ESPN.com with a broad array of coverage across online, television, podcasts and mobile devices — all for free. In 2012, total registered players to ESPN Fantasy Baseball were up 8 percent compared to the previous season.
ESPN Fantasy Baseball
ESPN Fantasy Baseball will deliver fans a variety of options throughout the season. Returning features include:
- Online Draft Kit: Complete rankings, projections and profiles for more than 700 players, rankings for the top 50 prospects for 2013, cheat sheets and dollar values for mixed points and rotisserie leagues, AL- and NL-only rotisserie leagues, updated average draft and auction results, draft and auction strategies, mock drafts, in-depth analysis and a look at the most interesting topics of the preseason in the Spring Fever series;
- Mock Draft Lobby: Lets players drop in at any time to run through a draft, try out a new draft strategy or just see who and how other players are drafting;
- Live Draft Lobby: Allows players to find and join a league and hold a draft, anytime day or night;
- Multiple Draft Options: Including live online Auction drafts, Private drafts, Live Draft Lobby, Automated drafts and offline drafts;
- Draft Pick Trading: Players have the option to trade draft picks in leagues with a fixed draft order;
- ESPN FantasyCast: An interactive tool that uses live scoring and real-time results to track fantasy team players as the games are being played;
- Live Scoring: Live player-by-player scoring and results, including live updating box scores;
- Player Cards: Embedded player information cards allow players to see recent news, analysis and game-by-game stats without leaving the site;
- Keeper Options: Any number of players may be kept on owners’ rosters from season to season without needing to be redrafted;
- Customizable Rules and Scoring: Hundreds of custom settings from roster size to transaction type to statistics used for scoring;
- League Message Boards, Chat and Polls: Players can discuss news, create their own polls and even chat online – all from within their ESPN.com league.
ESPN.com and ESPN Insider
ESPN will continue to provide comprehensive information, analysis and insights with an unmatched roster of writers, analysts and media personalities. The ESPN Fantasy Baseball team includes FSWA Hall of Famers Matthew Berry, Eric Karabell, Nate Ravitz, Tristan H. Cockcroft and James Quintong; Brendan Roberts, AJ Mass, and injury analyst Stephania Bell. Fans will also find baseball news and insights from leading pro baseball experts, including ESPN.com’s Buster Olney, Keith Law, Jayson Stark, Jerry Crasnick, Tim Kurkjian, and David Schoenfield.
Additionally, ESPN Insiders receive premium access to features and tools including:
- Eric Karabell Blog: With 2-to-5 entries each day, Eric provides expert insight into the latest news affecting fantasy players;
- Buster Olney’s Blog: Daily one-stop morning shot of opinion, news and notes on all 30 teams;
- Keith Law’s Blog: Full scouting reports and analysis of baseball’s best players, biggest deals and key stories, including a ranking of the top 100 prospects in baseball;
- Jim Bowden’s “The GM Office” Blog: Well-connected former league GM has the inside scoop on roster moves, position battles and trade rumors;
- MLB Rumor Central: A daily must-read for the best reporting and insight on baseball rumors from ESPN experts;
- Advanced Analysis: Gives users access to the best from the world of advanced statistical thinking, with regular weekly contributions from top analysts at Baseball Prospectus, FanGraphs and Baseball Info Solutions.
The free ESPN Fantasy Baseball app is once again available on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, allowing users to manage their rosters, set lineups and follow teams all season long. Team owners will also have access to live scoring, transactions, league standings, league chatter, rules and settings, and up-to-the-minute fantasy news. ESPN Insiders will have the added benefits of receiving trade and lineup alerts via the app free through their Insider membership.
All players will have full team management capabilities via mobile devices with access to the ESPN mobile Web.
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Radio & Podcasts
ESPN will continue to bring fans fantasy baseball insights, information and analysis on its television programs, including:
- SportsCenter: ESPN’s signature news, information and analysis programs will feature fantasy baseball content integration, including additional in-depth attention to fantasy baseball in late March;
- The Bottom Line: Will integrate custom fantasy content with Baseball Tonight and live games;
- Mike & Mike in the Morning: Hosts Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic will discuss pre-season fantasy topics, looking at the five biggest storylines entering the season, in late March;
- Fantasy Focus Baseball Podcast: With hosts Berry and Ravitz (Mondays-Thursdays) and Karabell and Cockcroft (Fridays), the podcast is one of the most popular on iTunes. With regular appearances from Bell as well as MLB reporters and players along with an assortment of celebrities, the show gives listeners the “fantasy baseball” perspective, blending fantasy sports and pop culture into a daily experience for fans. The podcast features fantasy baseball player previews, game overviews, injury reports and strategy.