ESPN Radio has enhanced and strengthened its Sunday studio programming. Beginning Sunday, Sept. 8, Football Sunday on ESPN Radio will be broadcast throughout Sundays in the fall from 1 – 7:30 p.m. ET.
ESPN Radio host and SportsCenter anchor Jonathan Coachman will host the entire show. He will be joined throughout the day by several ESPN analysts:
- Long-time contributor to ESPN Radio programming Eric Allen returns as does Tim Hasselbeck for his second year.
- Tom Waddle, former Chicago Bears wide receiver and current ESPN Chicago 1000 weekday host, makes his national ESPN Radio debut on September 8 and will appear on the show every week during the regular season.
Football Sunday on ESPN Radio will feature:
- Reports throughout the day from ESPN and local ESPN Radio affiliate reporters
- Updates from ESPN New York 98.7 FM and ESPN Chicago 1000 AM analysts
- Discussion, analysis, and insight from Coachman, Allen, Waddle and Hasselbeck
Football Sunday on ESPN Radio will be heard on terrestrial ESPN Radio outlets, Sirius XM Channel ESPN 84, ESPNRadio.com, ESPN Radio app, Tune-in and Slacker.
Additional football-related programming on ESPN Radio:
- Countdown to Kickoff, Sundays at 11 a.m. The two-hour show will lead into Football Sunday on ESPN Radio. On-site reports previewing the day’s games, an update from the site of Monday Night Football by play-by-play commentator Mike Tirico, contributions from ESPN NFL analysts and fantasy information will be included.
- Mike Tirico’s Weekend Blitz, Fridays, beginning September 6, at 8 p.m. for one-hour. ESPN NFL Insider Chris Mortensen will join Tirico as they look ahead to the weekend and discuss the week’s news.
- The MNF Preview podcast will also return this fall with Tirico and MNF analyst Jon Gruden looking ahead to that week’s game.
- Additional podcasts: Football Today, Fantasy Focus Football, Fantasy Underground, Inside the Huddle with John Clayton and Inside Slant.