Colin Cowherd’s Colin’s Football Show, which showcases the host’s unique take on college and professional football, will kick off its second season Sunday, Sept. 7, at 9 a.m. ET on ESPN2. The hour-long program will introduce new elements this year, including the debut of a fresh open, as well as the return of some of last season’s most entertaining segments.
Each episode will open with a new theme, penned and performed by comedian and recording artist Rodney Carrington. In addition, Colin’s Football Show will feature new segments including:
- “Colin’s Cartoons” – minute-long animations that illustrate infamous – and sometimes gross — stories as related by former NFL players, including Jerome Bettis and Herm Edwards;
- “Meat Sandwich” – a discussion segment in which Cowherd and a guest tackle the meatiest football topic of the week while eating a meat sandwich in Colin’s diner;
- A comedic and face-paced digital piece with fantasy football advice from Matthew Berry.
The program will also include returning segments:
- “Cage Confessionals” –a lighthearted interview between Cowherd and athletes, celebrities and guests, tackling a wide variety of topics and, appropriately, a never-before-made confession in the close quarters of the ESPN prop cage;
- “Bet Sharp” – Colin weighs in on the latest Las Vegas betting lines with ESPN.com and ESPN The Magazine editor-in-chief Chad Millman;
- Football talk and analysis with former Chicago Bears wide receiver Tom Waddle of ESPN Radio and Chicago1000.
Colin’s Football Show airs Sundays at 9 a.m. on ESPN2 during the football season. Cowherd will continue to host his daily ESPN Radio show, The Herd with Colin Cowherd, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the daily You Herd Me –featuring the best segments from Cowherd’s ESPN Radio broadcast — at 4:30 p.m. on ESPN2.
– 30 –