ESPN’s College GameDay Built by The Home Depot – college football’s longest-running and most-celebrated pregame show – will make its first-ever stop at the University of Mississippi in Oxford, Miss., in advance of No. 3 Alabama vs No. 11 Ole Miss on Saturday, Oct. 4. The weekly three-hour Emmy Award-winning show (Saturday 9 a.m. – noon) will set up on The Grove in the heart of one of the best tailgating scenes in the country.
GameDay is hosted by Chris Fowler, along with analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and David Pollack and reporting by Samantha Ponder, Tom Rinaldi, Scott Van Pelt, George Whitfield and Gene Wojciechowski.
College GameDay Nuggets:
- Now with a visit to Ole Miss, GameDay has originated from the campus of every SEC school except one – Mississippi State.
- Of the 65 Power Five schools – GameDay has visited 50. The show has not yet been to Louisville, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Virginia, Maryland, Indiana, Rutgers, Minnesota, Illinois, Baylor, Kansas, Iowa State, Cal, Washington State and Mississippi State.
- Ole Miss is the 76th team showcased in a College GameDay
- Lee Corso has put on headgear representing 49 different teams.
- This is the 30th time GameDay will be at the site of an Alabama game. The Tide are 18-11 in the previous 29.
- Lee Corso has won his last three Week 6 picks. His last Week 6 loss was picking Alabama on the road at South Carolina in 2010.