ESPN’s College GameDay Built by The Home Depot – college football’s longest-running and most-celebrated pregame show – will make its seventh all-time stop in East Lansing, Mich., for the Big Ten matchup between No. 16 Ohio State and No. 8 Michigan State on Saturday, Nov. 8 (8 p.m. on ABC). The weekly three-hour Emmy Award-winning show (Saturday 9 a.m. – noon ET) is hosted by Chris Fowler, along with analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and David Pollack and reporting by Samantha Ponder, Tom Rinaldi, Scott Van Pelt, George Whitfield and Gene Wojciechowski.
The set will be located on the Demonstration Field located near Jenison Fieldhouse on the campus of MSU.
College GameDay Nuggets:
- This marks the seventh time College GameDay has originated from East Lansing, Mich. Michigan State is 2-4 in the previous six games. Five of the previous six have been decided by single digits… including each of the last five.
- In the previous six College GameDay programs from in East Lansing, Mich., Lee Corso has picked the Spartans only once – vs. Michigan in 1999 – and he was right that day. Lee is 5-1 in headgear picks in East Lansing.
- This is the second time the show has been to an Ohio State vs. Michigan State game in East Lansing, Mich. but third time overall (2014 Big Ten Championship).
- This is the 14th time College GameDay has been to the site of an Ohio State true road game. Ohio State is 8-5 in the previous 13 and won the last two.
- This is the 10th time GameDay has originated from the site of a Michigan State game. The Spartans are 4-5 in the previous nine.
- Lee is 8-2 on headgear picks this season, which is his best 10-week mark since 2011 (also 8-2).
- Lee is 15-3 in Week 11 headgear picks. The last four Week 11 games College GameDay has attended have all been decided by at least 21 points, with the home team winning three of them.