MLS All-Stars vs. English Premier League’s Arsenal FC, Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET
ESPN will televise the 2016 AT&T MLS All-Star Game Presented by Audi on Thursday, July 28, live from Avaya Stadium in San Jose, Calif. The game will feature a team of Major League Soccer All-Stars playing against English Premier League powerhouse Arsenal FC. ESPN’s match coverage will begin at 7:30 p.m. ET. The MLS All-Star Game will also be streamed on WatchESPN.
Adrian Healey (play-by-play) and Taylor Twellman (analyst) will call the match with reporter Monica Gonzalez. Max Bretos will host ESPN studio coverage from Avaya Stadium with analysts Alejandro Moreno and Kasey Keller, including a special ESPN FC MLS All-Star Preview show, the 30-minute pre-game show, halftime and post-game, and SportsCenter segments.
MLS All-Star Coverage on ESPN
- Wednesday: ESPN FC studio segments from Avaya Stadium, including guest appearance by San Jose Earthquakes forward and U.S. National Team player Chris Wondolowski. Additional MLS All-Star Game segments will air during halftime of International Champions Cup telecasts;
- Thursday: ESPN FC’s special preview of 2016 MLS All-Star Game will air on ESPN2 at 5:30 p.m. (re-air on ESPNEWS at 6 p.m.) with Bretos, Moreno, Keller and Twellman:
- ESPN FC – Video from Tuesday’s Special Olympics Unified Sports All-Star Match hosted by Twellman
- SportsCenter – Preview segments will include a “Heineken Boot Room” interview with Seattle Sounders and U.S. Men’s National Team star Clint Dempsey
- Match telecast – MLS All-Star coach Dom Kinnear will wear a microphone for in-game audio
- ESPN International – Richard Mendez and Giovanni Savarese will provide Spanish-language commentary on ESPN International networks.
MLS All-Star Schedule (subject to change):
|Thu, July 28||5:30 p.m.||ESPN FC – 2016 MLS All-Star Game Preview
Max Bretos, Taylor Twellman, Alejandro Moreno and Kasey Keller
|ESPN2/WatchESPN (ESPNEWS, 6 p.m.)|
|7:30 p.m.||2016 AT&T MLS All-Star Pregame Special
Bretos, Moreno and Keller
|8 p.m.||MLS All-Stars vs. Arsenal FC
Healey, Twellman and reporter Monica Gonzalez
ESPN FC on the Road
Throughout the week, ESPN FC (weekdays 6 p.m., ESPNEWS), the global soccer television news, information, highlights and analysis program, will feature MLS All-Star segments. Alison Bender will host the daily show from ESPN’s Los Angeles Production Center (LAPC) this week with a rotation of analysts The shows will also highlight the pre-season International Champions Cup (ICC) competition. Daily highlights:
- Monday: Wes Morgan, captain of Premier League champion Leicester City, will join Bender and analysts Kasey Keller and Gab Marcotti on-set;
- Tuesday: Bender, Jon Champion, Craig Burley and Alejandro Moreno;
- Wednesday: Bender, Moreno and Steve Nicol (in Los Angeles) with Max Bretos, Taylor Twellman and Kasey Keller from Avaya Stadium. Guests include Wondolowski (Avaya Stadium) previewing the MLS All-Star Game, and Liverpool FC manager Jurgen Klopp (Los Angeles) previewing the ICC’s Liverpool FC vs. Chelsea FC match;
- Thursday (ESPN2 at 5:30 p.m. / re-air on ESPNEWS at 6 p.m.): Bretos, Moreno, Keller and Twellman host from Avaya Stadium, counting down to kickoff of the MLS All-Star Game;
- Friday: Bender, Nicol and former U.S. Men’s National Team player Stu Holden look back at the MLS All-Star Game and preview the second half of the Major League Soccer season.
– 30 –