ESPN Radio’s 12th Annual ESPY Day Auction to benefit The V Foundation for Cancer Research is officially underway on eBay and will continue through Wednesday, July 13. This year’s auction of more than 100 items includes tickets to prime sporting events, autographed memorabilia, unique experiences with athletes, celebrities and behind-the-scenes experiences with ESPN Radio’s Mike & Mike and sports-related experiences with ESPN personalities Stephen A. Smith, Jon Gruden, Julie Foudy and more. To date, the ESPN Radio ESPY Day Auction has raised more than $8.4 million.
Item and experience highlights include:
- An opportunity to “Bang your head with John Clayton” and attend a concert with ESPN’s biggest metal head;
- An Alabama Football experience that includes attending a home game in Tuscaloosa and meeting coach Nick Saban;
- A soccer clinic with FIFA Women’s World Cup Champion, Olympic gold medalist and espnW analyst Julie Foudy for a team of 30 youth soccer players;
- “Bowl with the Bus” and face off against ESPN NFL analyst Jerome Bettis in a bowling match;
- A Shanghai Disney experience, including resort stay for winner and 3 guests;
- Attend a Buffalo Bills football game with Bills legend Jim Kelly and his daughter, Erin;
- A suite experience at a New York Knicks home game with Stephen A. Smith;
- And much more.
Items available online include autographed jerseys, footballs, baseballs, basketballs and more. To see the list of items and make your bid, visit: www.ebay.com/ESPN.
In addition, The V Foundation and Omaze have teamed to offer a lucky winner and their guest the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to appear in a “This Is SportsCenter” commercial alongside a professional athlete and be a VIP at both a Monday Night Football game and College GameDay of their choice. Fans can enter for the chance to win with a minimum $10 donation at omaze.com/ESPN through July 13. Proceeds will benefit The V Foundation for Cancer Research.
Throughout ESPY Day, viewers and listeners will be encouraged to donate to The V Foundation by calling 800-4-JimmyV or visiting www.jimmyv.org. The ESPY Day initiative expanded ESPN’s 23-year effort to help find a cure for cancer, and to date, ESPY-related fundraising efforts over the last 12 years has raised more than $26 million for cancer research.
About The V Foundation for Cancer Research
The V Foundation for Cancer Research was founded in 1993 by ESPN and the late Jim Valvano, legendary North Carolina State basketball coach and ESPN commentator. Since 1993, the Foundation has funded nearly $150 million in cancer research grants nationwide. One hundred percent of the net proceeds from events support all the work of The V Foundation. Due to generous donors, the Foundation has an endowment that covers administrative expenses. The Foundation awards peer-reviewed grants through a competitive awards process vetted by a Scientific Advisory Committee. For more information on The V Foundation or to make a donation, please visit www.jimmyv.org.
About eBay for Charity
eBay for Charity is a platform that enables members of the eBay community to donate to causes in the U.S. and abroad. Sellers can donate anywhere between 10-100 percent of the proceeds and buyers can add a donation to their purchase during checkout. To date, more than $650 million dollars have been raised on eBay for Charity. For more information, visit www.ebay.com/charity.