ESPN Radio Hosts 13th Annual ESPY Day Auction to Benefit the V Foundation for Cancer Research
ESPN Radio’s 13th Annual ESPY Day Auction to benefit the V Foundation for Cancer Research is officially underway on eBay and will continue through Wednesday, July 12. This year’s auction of more than 60 items includes tickets to prime sporting events, unique experiences with ESPN talent and legendary coaches and behind-the-scenes experiences with ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, Scott Van Pelt, Adam Schefter, Jon Gruden, Mike Golic, Trey Wingo, Matthew Berry and more. To see the list of items and make your bid, visit: www.ebay.com/ESPN. Item and experience highlights include:
- The chance to attend the 2018 NFL Draft and announce an actual Draft Pick;
- Shadow ESPN Films directors Billy Corben and Alfred Spellman as they work on an upcoming ESPN Films project and attend the “Friends and Family” premiere event of that project when released;
- An opportunity to visit ESPN’s Bristol, Conn., campus and go behind the scenes of the network’s 28-hour Fantasy Football Marathon, including an on-screen background appearance during a sketch;
- Attend a taping of Gruden’s QB Camp and a private meet-and-greet with Jon Gruden;
- A soccer clinic with FIFA Women’s World Cup Champion, Olympic gold medalist and espnW analyst Julie Foudy;
- An Alabama Football experience that includes a tour of the Alabama campus and a meet and greet with coach Nick Saban;
- The chance to attend a Kentucky Men’s Basketball home game and meet coach John Calipari;
- An ESPYS experience including two tickets to the 2018 ESPYS, behind-the-scenes access, a trip to the Red Carpet and tickets to the after party;
- A backyard barbecue with Mike Golic Sr., Mike Golic Jr., Trey Wingo and more;
- Tickets to the U.S. premiere of Star Wars: Episode VIII;
- A six-day luxury vacation at Pandora – The World of Avatar at Walt Disney World;
- Autographed ESPN the Magazine covers signed by Derek Jeter, Serena Williams, Bryce Harper, Yasiel Puig, Karl-Anthony Townes, Rob Gronkowski and Shaun White;
- And much more.
Throughout ESPY Day, viewers and listeners will be encouraged to donate to the V Foundation by calling 800-4-JimmyV or visiting www.V.org. ESPY-related fundraising efforts over the last 24 years has raised more than $31.5 million for cancer research.
About the V Foundation for Cancer Research
The V Foundation for Cancer Research is dedicated to declaring victory over cancer. It was founded in 1993 by ESPN and the late Jim Valvano, legendary North Carolina State basketball coach and ESPN commentator. Since 1993, the Foundation has funded more than $170 million in cancer research grants nationwide. It awards 100 percent of all direct cash donations to cancer research and related programs. Due to generous donors, the Foundation has an endowment that covers administrative expenses. The Foundation awards peer-reviewed grants through a competitive awards process vetted by a Scientific Advisory Committee. For more information on the V Foundation, please visit http://www.V.org.
About eBay for Charity
eBay for Charity is a platform that enables members of the eBay community to donate to causes in the U.S. and abroad. Sellers can donate anywhere between 10-100 percent of the proceeds and buyers can add a donation to their purchase during checkout. To date, more than $725 million dollars have been raised on eBay for Charity. For more information, visit www.ebay.com/charityshop.