To share: http://es.pn/2tlFqO1
- Mobile-first products deliver scores, best cricket coverage, commentary, stats and video
- Faster performance, elegant design and new features, including personalization and alerts
ESPNcricinfo, the world’s leading digital cricket brand, has reimagined and redesigned its website and app. Now faster than ever, the new ESPNcricinfo delivers a best-in-class mobile-first experience for cricket fans, bringing its legendary live scores, stats and commentary, fun and engaging content, trusted and insightful analysis, and expanding library of video and more.
The new ESPNcricinfo website and app include a host of new enhancements, including:
- A dynamic, feed-based experience: a clean, modern design and intuitive navigation that puts the mobile experience first. Cricket fans get scores, news, video and more in a single, easy to use feed.
- A lighter, faster site and app: streamlined design and architecture optimized for any device on any network.
- ESPNcricinfo Scorecard: the premiere digital record of cricket, with faster-than-ever live scores and commentary, more stats, photos, video, trivia, and content easily shareable on social media with just a single touch on a mobile device
- Personalization and Alerts: Passion for cricket is intensely personal, so ESPNcricinfo has made it easy and quick for fans to personalize their experience, with favorite teams and competitions that will always be front and center, and alerts to get the most important news and developments pushed directly to their home screen.
Combined with the new features, ESPNcricinfo remains the original, and best, home for the highest-quality news and analysis of every wicket, match, star and scandal. As fan behaviors evolve, so is ESPNcricinfo’s coverage of the sport they love. New storytelling formats and presentations, increased video, more short and snackable information joins the best in feature and news reporting.
“We are cricket fans ourselves and we cherish our role as the definitive voice of a sport that fans everywhere love and share,” said Ramesh Kumar, Vice President, ESPNcricinfo and Head of ESPN India and South Asia. “Today, mobile devices have evolved into the daily gateway to cricket for hundreds of millions of fans around the world. The new and improved ESPNcricinfo reflects our commitment to combining the most dynamic digital products with the best cricket content and coverage.”
To deliver it all, the new ESPNcricinfo leverages the technology and product platform that powers the worlds #1 suite of digital sports products.
“The new ESPNcricinfo marks the latest step in the development of our unified, truly global digital product platform,” added Adam Deutsch, vice president, global digital product operations at ESPN. “In the past 24 months ESPN has recreated the leading suite of digital sports products, setting a new industry standard for technological sophistication and user experience, all in support of the best sports content and coverage in the world.”
The reimagined site and app mark the latest evolution in the storied history of one of the Internet’s digital sports pioneers. As it looks ahead to its 25th year (beginning in March 2018), ESPNcricinfo remains the digital home of the sport loved by nearly two billion fans worldwide.
The relaunched ESPNcricinfo is evolving from an already remarkable position of strength. On a global scale, it averages nearly 233 million visits every month, with mobile visits increasing nearly 100 percent in the past year. Fans spend billions of minutes with ESPNcricinfo monthly, including an increase of nearly 36 percent on the ESPNcricinfo app year-over-year. In the US, ESPNcricinfo averages 28 million visits and more than 208 million minutes spent on the platform every month (a year-over-year increase of 45 percent and 81 percent, respectively).* ESPNcricinfo is also the number one ranked cricket property in the US, according to comScore.
The new ESPNcricinfo will allow ESPN to continue to push digital advertising forward and provide greater scope for flexibility and innovation, with seamless solutions for advertisers across devices. Impactful new solutions, mixed with effective industry standard units offer the best advertising experience across each device, screen and orientation. The approach streamlines creative delivery and ad serving on the new site and app, while ensuring the best representation for brands, no matter the device.
* Source: Adobe Analytics