espnW has added WNBA legend Sue Bird, U.S. Women’s National Team and FIFA World Cup star Megan Rapinoe and Uber executive Bozoma Saint John to its list of newsmakers and influential speakers at the eighth annual espnW: Women + Sports Summit presented by Toyota. Bird and Rapinoe will join espnW’s Kate Fagan and lifestyle guru Kathryn Budig for a live taping of the espnW podcast, Free Cookies on Wednesday, Oct. 4. Saint John, Uber’s Chief Brand Officer, will participate in a keynote interview with SportsCenter anchor Cari Champion on Tuesday, Oct. 3.
The Summit, which will take place from October 2-4, at The Resort at Pelican Hill in Newport Beach, Calif., will again showcase some of the biggest names in sports, business and entertainment with previously announced headliners including Los Angeles Lakers president Jeanie Buss, WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon and GRAMMY Award-winning artist Sheryl Crow. The yearly gathering will take place October 2-4, at a new venue – The Resort at Pelican Hill, in Newport Beach, Calif. The three-day conference will include panels, keynotes, work sessions, presentations and activities geared towards advancing women in sports.
In addition, the event will include:
- An introduction of the San Diego Splash, a 3-on-3 basketball team made up of octogenarian+ women;
- A conversation with author and adventurist Susan Casey, hosted by espnW’s Allison Glock;
- A presentation of leadership research – The Modern Guide to Equality– by Liz Gray, president, The Female Quotient;
- A Women in Leadership Panel featuring the executive journeys of Cosmopolitan’s Michelle Promaulayko, L’Oreal’s Angela Guy, the PGA Tour’s Alex Baldwin and Wells Fargo’s Lisa Stevens;
- An interview with health and fitness expert Dr. Jordan Metzl;
- A series of W Power Talks with remarks from producer and founder of The Women’s Project Elisa Salinas, former professional football player and trailblazer Dr. Jenn Welter, P&G Always brand’s Amanda Hill and Boston Marathon bombing survivor Rebekah Gregory;
- A meet-and-greet with Olympic gold medalists (water polo) Ashleigh Johnson and Maggie Steffens;
- And much more.
Interviews, photos and additional content will be posted to espnW.com throughout the Summit. In addition, this year’s conference will be livestreamed from start to finish on ESPN3 and via the ESPN App. Additional participants and details will be announced closer to the Summit. For more information about The espnW: Women + Sports Summit and to see the complete agenda visit www.espnWsummit.com or follow on Twitter with @espnW and #espnWsummit.
espnW is a global multiplatform brand dedicated to engaging and inspiring women through sports. espnW.com, the brand’s content home, offers total access to female athletes and the sports they play, takes fans inside the biggest events, and captures the biggest trends in sports life/style. espnW also provides a unique point of view on the sports stories that matter most to women and highlights the crossroads of sports and culture. Founded in July 2010, espnW’s content and voices live across digital, television, radio, films, events, educational platforms and social media. The annual espnW: Women + Sports Summit, now in its eighth year, brings together top athletes and industry leaders for meaningful conversations around women and sports, and is the leading event of its kind in the sports industry.
– 30 –