- Five days of on-site exposure, including pre-game and post-game coverage from SEC Network field set
- Finebaum Film Room returns as one of ESPN’s MegaCast viewing options for Georgia vs. Alabama matchup
- Live coverage and instant analysis from Media Day and all pre-game and post-game press conferences
- SEC Network will dedicate more than 90 hours of programming to the College Football Playoff National Championship
With an all-SEC College Football Playoff National Championship on the horizon, SEC Network continues to deliver with more than 20 hours of live coverage and 90 hours of total programming from Atlanta and four full days of network programming centered on the matchup between Georgia and Alabama.
SEC Nation Presented by AT&T and SEC Now will both originate from the Peach City, including several live editions of SEC Now in the days leading up to game day, and multi-day reporting of press conferences and Media Day from multiple SEC Network sets downtown.
The Paul Finebaum Show
Kicking things off is The Paul Finebaum Show live from the College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience for #FinebaumFriday. Paul will be joined by a rotating panel of fellow SEC Network analysts, including regulars Laura Rutledge, Marcus Spears and Tim Tebow. The show will air its TV-only hour at 2 p.m. ET on ESPN2 and will go live on SEC Network and ESPN Radio from 3-7 p.m. In addition, The Paul Finebaum Show will have an abbreviated pre-game edition live Monday from Mercedes-Benz Stadium at 3 p.m.
SEC Now will highlight four Atlanta-based backdrops throughout the weekend leading up to Monday’s matchup, starting with a preview of the weekend’s events from Centennial Olympic Park on Friday at 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday’s shows will feature full coverage from Saturday’s Media Day and Sunday’s joint head coach press conferences, as well as several additional live hits from Philips Arena, Centennial Olympic Park and International Plaza sets through the weekend’s SEC basketball action. SEC Now will air a special 90-minute edition post-game Monday, as well as the winning team’s press conference on Tuesday morning at 9 a.m.
SEC Nation Presented by AT&T
SEC Nation Presented by AT&T closes out an exciting fall with a full pre-game show from Atlanta, providing expert SEC opinion and analysis from host Laura Rutledge, analysts Tim Tebow, Marcus Spears and Paul Finebaum, and reporter Lauren Sisler. The SEC Nation crew will be joined for additional insight throughout the evening from Greg McElroy, Gene Chizik and Booger McFarland. SEC Nation Presented by AT&T goes live at 6 p.m. from the field at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Finebaum Film Room
Finebaum Film Room returns as a MegaCast viewing option Monday beginning at 8:15 p.m., as Finebaum will be joined by several guests to watch the game and provide constant banter and analysis. Gene Chizik, Greg McElroy and other SEC Network analysts will rotate throughout the championship game, as well as newly-hired Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher. In full Finebaum tradition, the group will take phone calls from fans over the course of the show.
Additional Programming Notes
- ESPN’s Chris Fowler will sit down with both head coaches for Saban and Smart: A Championship Conversation on Monday afternoon ahead of SEC Network’s live programming from Atlanta.
- SEC Featured: National Championship Special will compile the best feature stories on Georgia and Alabama aired throughout the fall across ESPN networks.
- Re-airs of several marquee matchups on the road to Atlanta will highlight the weekend. Fans can also reminisce with throwbacks throughout the days leading up to the championship game, including the epic 1994 and 2007 regular season showdowns between the Dawgs and Crimson Tide, as well as the 2012 SEC Championship Game.
SEC Network on Social Media
SEC Network social and digital will once again provide on-site, behind-the-scenes coverage from both SEC squads at the College Football Playoff National Championship. Fans can follow along with SEC Network on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, as well as at SECNetwork.com.
|Fri, Jan. 5||3 p.m.||The Paul Finebaum Show|
|10 p.m.||SEC Now|
|Sat, Jan. 6||9 a.m.||SEC Now – Media Day|
|11 p.m.||SEC Now|
|Sun, Jan. 7||9 a.m.||SEC Now – Head Coaches Press Conference|
|6 p.m.||SEC Now|
|Mon, Jan. 8||3 p.m.||The Paul Finebaum Show|
|6 p.m.||SEC Nation Presented by AT&T|
|8:15 p.m.||Finebaum Film Room|
|12 a.m.||SEC Now|
|Tue, Jan. 9||9 a.m.||SEC Now – Champions Press Conference|
– 30 –