Triple-Digit Growth for Digital Audience; Second-Largest Attendance in Aspen History
X Games Aspen 2018 content across ESPN’s networks enjoyed double-digit usage growth on television, triple digit growth on digital and streaming services, while video growth across social media networks drove nearly 11 million video views.
X Games Aspen 2018 successes include:
- X Games Aspen audience across ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC was up +10% YOY for all telecasts.
- The audience watching X Games programming on ABC was up +28% YOY.
- Fans 12-17 viewing X Games Aspen on linear TV was up +33% YOY across all networks.
Digital & Social:
- The number of minutes streamed on X Games’ YouTube channel nearly tripled in 2018, with 11.5MM minutes streamed, up +185% YOY
- The total number of video views on X Games’ YouTube channel was 2.0MM, up +183% YOY
- Streaming of X Games Aspen content provided a +9.5% lift for the 18-34 TV audience.
- During the event period, there were nearly 12K X Games-related social media posts, generating 53.8M total interactions; nearly one of every four interactions was driven by an athlete’s social media content. (Source: hookit)
- Across X Games Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, video engagement hit 10.6MM video views, with Instagram driving 92% of total actions.
- The total on-site attendance for X Games Aspen 2018 was 115,000 – the second highest in X Games Aspen history.
- A record for largest Friday attendance at X Games Aspen was set this year with 32,000 spectators.
Danny Chi, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4400, [email protected]
Grace Coryell, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4402, [email protected]
Olivia Wilson, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4145, [email protected]