- New This Year: First Time The NBA Draft Lottery Will Be Held in Chicago; Broadcast Expands To One Hour
- Features And Interviews With Top Draft Prospects, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver And NBA Legend And LA Clippers Consultant Jerry West
- Full Court Press: Special Second-Screen Experience on ESPN2 During Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals With NBA Draft Commentators
ESPN will televise the NBA Draft Lottery presented by State Farm on Tuesday, May 15 from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET in Chicago, Ill. This will be the first time that the event takes places in Chicago instead of the New York metropolitan area. The broadcast will expand to an hour this year with host Mark Jones, college basketball analyst Jay Bilas, senior NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski, NBA Draft analysts Mike Schmitz and Jonathan Givony, NBA front office insider Bobby Marks and reporter Cassidy Hubbarth. This is the first in a series of ESPN’s 2018 NBA Draft events, which also will include the NBA Draft Combine powered by Under Armour (May 17-18) and the 2018 NBA Draft (June 21). NBA Countdown charged by Mountain Dew will precede the NBA Draft Lottery at 7 p.m. on ESPN for a 30-minute episode.
- Interviews with several top draft prospects, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver and NBA legend and the LA Clippers consultant Jerry West
- Feature on projected Top 5 draft pick, Luka Doncic, a 19-year-old Slovenian who plays for Real Madrid in the Spanish professional league
- Behind-the-scenes video inside the room where the draft lottery drawing occurs before the order is presented and announced
- Bilas will reveal his Top 10 players and their skill sets
- With this being the final year before the NBA Draft Lottery goes into reform, Wojnarowski will discuss how the new draft order will impact the NBA landscape
- Marks will break down the future of the team that is awarded the Number 1 draft pick and what the offseason may look like for the Cleveland Cavaliers who likely will have a Top 10 pick and LeBron James as a free agent
- Once the draft order is revealed, Schmitz and Givony will share their Mock Draft Top 5 picks
Additionally, ESPN Chicago 1000 will air the radio broadcasting of the NBA Draft Lottery presented by State Farm live. Hubbarth will be on air with David Kaplan, host of Kap & Co. on ESPN1000 Chicago on May 15 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. to discuss top draft prospects.
Full Court Press:
During ESPN’s exclusive telecast of Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals on Tuesday, May 15 at 8:30 p.m., there will simultaneously be a special second-screen experience on ESPN2. The second-screen offering is called Full Court Press and will feature ESPN’s NBA Draft Lottery commentators, including Hubbarth, Bilas, Wojnarowski, Jones. They will watch Game 2 and provide wide-ranging analysis and perspective. Full Court Press will offer an array of special stats and data, as well as on-screen graphics.