Episodes 7 and 8 Highlight N.Y. Jets QB Sam Darnold, Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen and Seattle Seahawks LB Shaquem Griffin at NFL Draft
The final two episodes of Draft Academy, the ESPN original series featuring 2018 NFL Draft prospects, will debut today exclusively on ESPN+. Both shows will include behind-the-scenes, original footage captured last week at the 2018 NFL Draft in Arlington, Texas.
Draft Academy profiles quarterbacks Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Kyle Allen, defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick, wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown and linebacker Shaquem Griffin. The first six episodes (currently streaming live on ESPN+) highlight each player’s experience at the NFL Scouting Combine, Pro Days and more. Highlights of episodes 7 and 8 include:
- Sam Darnold (USC/N.Y. Jets QB) – In episode 8, Draft Academy cameras were with Darnold and his family as he prepared for the draft in his Dallas hotel room and when he was selected No. 3 overall by the Jets.
- Josh Allen (Wyoming/Buffalo Bills QB) – During Josh Allen Day at Firebaugh High School and Reedley College in ep 7, Allen discusses how coaches will find out if you do the wrong things, especially on social media (Note: this occurred five days before news broke about some offensive tweets Allen sent in high school). In ep 8, Draft Academy covers Allen’s tweets being unearthed and, ultimately, his first round selection by the Bills at No. 7.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick (Alabama/Miami Dolphins DB) – In ep 7, Draft Academy joins Fitzpatrick at the Alabama spring game where the former team captain creates hand and cleat prints in cement. Ep 8 continues with the Dolphins using their first-round pick on Fitzpatrick at No. 11.
- Shaquem Griffin (UCF/Seattle Seahawks LB) – Ep 7 recounts the story of how Griffin lost his hand. Draft Academy also follows him to lunch with Hulk Hogan and to his high school in St. Petersburg, Fla. In ep 8, Draft Academy reveals exclusive footage of Griffin when he got the call from Seattle on Day 3 of the draft and learned he would be reunited with his twin brother, Shaquill, a Seahawks defensive back.
- Equanimeous St. Brown (Notre Dame/Green Bay Packers WR) – Ep 8 captures St. Brown’s long wait and eventual selection by the Packers in the sixth round of the NFL Draft.
- Kyle Allen (Houston/Carolina Panthers QB) – In ep 8, Allen signs a free agent contract with the Carolina Panthers.
Note: Media screeners to view these episodes are available upon request
ESPN+ is the first-ever multi-sport, direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service from The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International group, in partnership with ESPN. It offers fans thousands of additional live events, on-demand content and original programming not available on ESPN’s linear TV or digital networks. This includes hundreds of MLB, NHL and MLS games, Grand Slam tennis, Top Rank boxing, PGA Tour golf, college sports, international rugby, cricket, the full library of ESPN Films (including 30 for 30) and more. Fans can subscribe to ESPN+ for just $4.99 a month (or $49.99 per year) and cancel at any time.
ESPN+ is an integrated part of a completely redesigned ESPN App. Already the leading sports app, the new ESPN App is the premier all-in-one digital sports platform for fans and a showcase of the company’s culture of innovation. With a richer, increasingly more personalized experience, the new ESPN App curates all of ESPN’s incredible content into an experience unique to each fan’s individual tastes. ESPN+ is also available through ESPN.com.