ESPN Digital was once again No. 1 in May for every key metric, including unique users, total minutes and average minute audience, compared to all other U.S. digital sports properties.
- ESPN Digital had 72.1 million unique fans in the U.S. in May, more than 22 million more than its nearest competitor CBS Sports (49.7 million).
- ESPN Digital in May was also No. 1 in the U.S. for both total minutes (5.1 billion) and average minute audience (114,137), more than the Nos. 2 and 3 sports properties combined (MLB: 2.2 billion minutes and 49,906 AMA; Yahoo-NBC Sports: 2.1 billion minutes and 47,868 AMA).
- Unique fans using the ESPN App in May were up 20 percent YOY, while total minutes were up more than 40 percent YOY.
- Short form video starts across ESPN Digital platforms in May totaled 676 million, up 26 percent YOY.
- Over the last 12 months, ESPN Digital reached a higher percentage (56 percent) of U.S. men 18-34 on the Internet than any other digital sports property.
Click infographic to download.