- Unique NBA Draft Coverage on Both ESPN and ESPN2
- Exclusive Live Coverage of Every NBA Draft Selection on ESPN
- Third Unique Viewing Option on Twitter – On The Clock – for First Round
ESPN is doubling up its coverage of the 2018 NBA Draft presented by State Farm on Thursday, June 21, at 7 p.m. ET by producing two unique, simultaneous telecasts on ESPN and ESPN2. The traditional NBA Draft telecast will air on ESPN and will feature a new commentator lineup. The main set will include veteran host Rece Davis, NBA analyst Chauncey Billups and college basketball analyst Jay Bilas. For the first time, ESPN NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski will provide regular reports and news updates on the telecast throughout the night.
In addition to Wojnarowski, several ESPN commentators will make their first appearances on an ESPN NBA Draft telecast, including Bobby Marks (front office insider), Mike Schmitz (scouting analyst) and Maria Taylor, who will serve as a reporter and will conduct the post-pick interviews with draftees. The 2018 NBA Draft will emanate from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. This is the 16th consecutive year ESPN has televised the NBA Draft.
- For the first time ESPN will have cameras documenting each player during his post-pick media tour. It will capture the backstage environment that has been previously unseen;
- Special focus on Top 10 talent from Jay Bilas’ “Best Available List;”
- Inside look at Slovenia’s 19-year old Phenom Luka Doncic.
The Jump: NBA Draft Special on ESPN2
The Jump: NBA Draft Special will document the NBA Draft on ESPN2 with a diverse array of voices, led by Rachel Nichols – host of ESPN’s daily NBA studio show, The Jump. Nichols will join a cast of ESPN NBA commentators, including Brian Windhorst, Amin Elhassan, Zach Lowe, Dave McMenamin, Tim Legler, Fran Fraschilla, Chris Haynes and more to react to the news and information coming out of the NBA Draft. ESPN2’s The Jump: NBA Draft Special will originate from ESPN’s South Street Seaport Studios in New York. Both the ESPN and the ESPN2 telecasts are available to stream via the ESPN App.
In another first, ESPN will carry a special show called On The Clock live on Twitter. David Jacoby, Ryen Russillo and Ryan Hollins will provide analysis and react to the first round NBA Draft selections. Fans can access the show here: live.twitter.com/espn.
The 2018 NBA Draft will also be available on ESPN Radio with audio from the broadcast available on the ESPN App. Marc Kestecher will describe the event with analysts P.J. Carlesimo, Bob Valvano and Kara Lawson, who is making her NBA Draft on ESPN Radio debut.
NBA Draft preview shows
- NBA Mock Draft Special presented by Kia airs Monday, June 18, from 7-8 p.m. on ESPN2. It features Maria Taylor, Adrian Wojnarowski, Mike Schmitz and Seth Greenberg breaking down the most likely NBA Draft order;
- NBA Draft: On The Clock airs Monday, June 18, from 8-9 p.m. on ESPN2. Cassidy Hubbarth will host the preview show with Adrian Wojnarowski, Mike Schmitz and Bobby Marks.
The next installment of Detail, the high-level basketball analysis and film study show from ESPN and Kobe Bryant’s Granity Studios, is expected to be available on ESPN+ in time for the NBA Draft. It is going to be a special NBA Draft-focused edition of Detail.
ESPN.com will provide extensive coverage of the 2018 NBA Draft via a special section with stories, updates, analysis, mock drafts and breaking news.