- Family-Friendly Entertainment and Local Visual Artists to Complement World-Class Action Sports Competition
- Skateboard Vert Qualifier Added to Thursday Night’s Competition with X Fest Free to Public
As X Games Minneapolis returns for its second year in the Twin Cities from July 19 – 22, it will host a variety of entertainment and activities suited for the whole family throughout X Fest, which will be located in the Medtronic Plaza at U.S. Bank Stadium. The X Fest Host Stage will be emceed by Chicago-based band, the Flavor Savers, and the festival will feature sponsor activations, interactive courses, concessions, athlete meet ‘n greets and giveaways and installations by local Twin Cities visual artists. As an added bonus, X Fest will offer guests who download the official X Games App free Wi-Fi provided by Comcast Xfinity.
X Fest is free on Thursday evening, July 19, kicking off official X Games Minneapolis competition with the Skateboard Vert Qualifier and Final and BMX Vert Final. An event ticket is required to enter X Fest from Friday to Sunday.
X Fest hours are as follows (all times CT):
Thursday, July 19 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. (FREE TO PUBLIC)
Friday, July 20 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, July 21 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, July 22 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Drawing from the deep pool of Twin Cities’ talent, X Games has teamed up with the several visual artists who will be bringing their skills to X Games Minneapolis with live painting executions and large-scale installations.
- Minneapolis local, Hot Tea, will bring back his eight-foot steel and yarn installation created just for X Games.
- Other artists, curated by SprATX, will be featured throughout X Fest and include Wes Winship, Nmph, Much, Hope4, Andrew Broder, River and Flora.
- In collaboration with Fruit of the Loom, Broc Raiford will produce a limited edition X Games Minneapolis t-shirt which will be available at on-site merchandise sales locations along with a limited-edition skate deck designed by Minneapolis artist Sam Morrow.
- X Games’ bi-annual action sports photography contest, World of X Games Presents ZOOM, will be back at X Games Minneapolis with its signature lightbox installations of the six finalist photographs.
HISTORY OF SKATE & GAME OF SKATE IN BUFFALO WILD WINGS CLUB
In partnership with The Skateboarding Hall of Fame and 3rd Lair skatepark, X Games Minneapolis will present The History of Skate, with an in-depth display of historical artifacts and film. Additionally, X Games will host a Game of Skate contest competed on vintage boards on Friday from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. and Saturday from 3:30 to 7 p.m.
NEXT X PARKS
Fans can aim to be the next X Games superstar by riding the Next X Park, offering free BMX and skate sessions all weekend long. New this year, fans have the opportunity to Session with a Pro at select times on the Next X Park.
NEXCARE LEARN TO VERT
Daily pro athlete demos on the vert ramp, along with the opportunity to “learn how-to vert” for kids of all ages starting Friday to Sunday.
TWIGGY THE WATER SKIING SQUIRREL PRESENTED BY TRIA HEALTH
Twiggy the Water Skiing Squirrel makes his final Minnesota appearance before retiring forever in X Fest with daily shows presented by Tria Health.
Play the X Games Photo Hunt Challenge. Download the X Games Minneapolis app, follow the instructions on the Photo Hunt Card, then visit the Photo Hunt Tent for your chance to win official Athlete Gift Bags and other prizes.
The X Games hype team, X SQUAD, will be roaming X Fest and competition areas throughout the weekend to stoke out the fans. The team will look for fans to participate in big-screen games, dance offs and sponsor giveaways.
Ticket information and full music and competition schedules are available at XGames.com/tickets. Admission to X Fest is included with every ticket purchased.
Olivia Wilson, ESPN Communications, 904-303-3538, [email protected]
Danny Chi, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4400, [email protected]
Grace Coryell, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4402, [email protected]