MLS All-Stars vs. Italy’s Serie A Champion Juventus, Aug. 1 at 7:30 p.m. ET
ESPN will present the 2018 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target on Wednesday, August 1, live from Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. The game will feature a team of Major League Soccer All-Stars versus seven-time Italian Serie A champion Juventus. Coverage begins at 7:30 p.m. ET (kickoff at 7:50 p.m.) on ESPN and will be streamed live on the ESPN App.
Adrian Healey (play-by-play) and Taylor Twellman (analyst) will call the match with reporter Sebastian Salazar. Max Bretos will host studio coverage from Mercedes-Benz Stadium with analysts Alejandro Moreno and Kasey Keller, including a 20-minute pre-game show, halftime, post-game and SportsCenter segments.
ESPN will use 17 cameras during the All-Star Game, including POV (point of view) cameras. Additionally, the telecast will feature excerpts from Sunday’s MLS All-Star kickoff concert featuring 2Chainz, highlights of Tuesday’s 2018 MLS Homegrown Game vs. Liga MX U-20 champion Tigres UANL and the Special Olympics Unified Sports® All-Star Soccer Match presented by MLS WORKS and ESPN.
Additionally, ESPN3 will carry the Special Olympics Unified Sports® All-Star Showcase presented by MLS WORKS and ESPN on Tuesday, July 31 at 6 p.m. The 11-vs.-11 match will be played at the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground.
ESPN 2018 MLS All-Star Week:
|Mon, Jul 30||12 a.m.||MLS Rewind with Taylor Twellman||ESPN+|
|Tue, July 31||6 p.m.||Special Olympics Unified Sports® All-Star Showcase||ESPN3|
|Wed, Aug 1||7:30 p.m.||MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target
Bretos, Moreno and Keller
|ESPN, ESPN App|
|7:50 p.m.||MLS All-Stars vs. Juventus – The Game
Healey, Twellman and reporter Salazar
|ESPN, ESPN App|
MLS All-Star Studio Programming from Atlanta (Monday – Wednesday)
- SportsCenter, ESPN’s flagship news program, will include 2018 MLS All-Star Game segments.
- ESPN FC (weekdays 6 p.m., ESPN+), the daily global soccer news, information and analysis program, will preview the game Monday through Wednesday (July 30 – Aug. 3). ESPN FC is available in the U.S. on the company’s new ESPN+ streaming service and other ESPN digital platforms.
- MLS Rewind (#MLSRewind – Monday, 12 a.m. ET / 9 p.m. PT), the weekly one-hour Major League Soccer news, highlights, interview and analysis program hosted by Twellman, will originate from Atlanta on Monday, July 30. The ESPN+ program will focus on midseason league news via a roundtable discussion.
Writer Jeff Carlisle, multiplatform producer Chris Wondoloski and on-site editor Austin Lindberg will helm ESPNFC.com coverage of the 2018 MLS All-Star from Atlanta. Highlights:
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Juventus reunion – Now an LA Galaxy striker, Ibrahimaovic spent two seasons (2004 –06) playing for the Italian powerhouse club
- Miguel Almiron’s unique All-Star Game – A look at Atlanta United’s midfield maestro Almirón
- All-Star Game preview
- All-Star Game reaction – post-game content and reactions from the players
- The inside story on how the All-Stars prepped for Juventus
- ESPNFC’s Max and Herc podcast will tape Tuesday, July 31, in Atlanta, focusing on the MLS All-Star Game.
– 30 –