The 2018 ESPYS presented by Capital One, hosted by trailblazing race car driver Danica Patrick, will air live on Wednesday, July 18th, at 8 p.m. ET on ABC from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. The award show gathers top celebrities from sports and entertainment to commemorate the past year in sports by recognizing major sports achievements, reliving unforgettable moments and saluting the leading performers and performances.
Pre-show coverage will begin at 5 p.m. ET on ESPN2 and continue on ESPN starting at 6 p.m. ET. The hours leading into The 2018 ESPYS will break down as follows:
- 5-6 p.m ET, ESPN2: The ESPYS Live on the Red Carpet with Laura Rutledge, Katie Nolan, Peter Rosenberg and Cassidy Hubbarth reporting from the red carpet, as well as Jemele Hill and Kelley Carter reporting from the Undefeated Lounge at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles.
- 6-7 p.m. ET ESPN: SportsCenter with Sage Steele, Kevin Negandhi, and Cassidy Hubbarth live from the red carpet. They will be also be joined by Hannah Storm and special guest Chris Berman, who will be giving his top 10 plays of the year.
- 7-8 p.m ET, ESPN: The ESPYS Live on the Red Carpet with Hannah Storm, Cassidy Hubbarth and Maria Taylor from the red carpet. Chris Berman will join to interview NFL legends Dan Marino and John Elway.
- 8-11 p.m. ET, ABC: The 2018 ESPYS live from the Microsoft Theater.
Additionally, The Red Carpet Show Live on Twitter presented by Moët & Chandon will feature hosts Peter Rosenberg, Dianna Russini and Clinton Yates with live coverage from the red carpet one hour prior to the show, at 7 p.m. ET. In addition to interviewing athletes and celebrities about the year in sports and pop culture, the hosts will incorporate discussion topics and questions directly from fans and viewers on Twitter.
This year’s red carpet will feature a guest musical performance by local Los Angeles band, Sure Sure.
What to watch for during The 2018 ESPYS on ABC:
- Arthur Ashe Award for Courage presented to representatives for the ‘sister survivors’ who spoke out against sexual abuse by their former team doctor.
- Jimmy V Award for Perseverance presented to Jim Kelly.
- Pat Tillman Award for Service presented to Jake Wood.
- Best Coach Award presented posthumously to Aaron Feis, Scott Beigel, and Chris Hixon.
More information including nominees, announcements and photos can be found in the ESPYS media kit.
About The ESPYS
The ESPYS gather top celebrities from sports and entertainment to commemorate the past year in sports by recognizing major sports achievements, reliving unforgettable moments and saluting the leading performers and performances. The 2018 ESPYS will recognize achievements in categories such as “Best MLB Player,” “Best Team,” “Best Female Athlete” and “Best Upset.” Inspiring human stories are showcased through three pillar awards – the Arthur Ashe Courage Award, the Jimmy V Perseverance Award and the Pat Tillman Award for Service. The ESPYS support ESPN’s ongoing commitment to the V Foundation for Cancer Research, launched by ESPN with the late Jim Valvano in 1993.